Swimming Pool Light Causes Death of Citrus Heights Child
A young girl died in Citrus Heights on July 14 when she was reportedly electrocuted by a malfunctioning light in a swimming pool. The Citrus Heights Police Department reported that the accident happened in a residential neighborhood close to Interstate 80 and Antelope Road. The child, age 9, was pronounced dead at a hospital after attempts to save her using CPR by rescue personnel with the Sacramento Metropolitan Fire Crew and other adults. Police reported that the light was being repaired at the time the death happened. I would like to extend my sympathy and prayers to the family and friends of the child.