Asbestos Exposure in the Home
Asbestos Exposure in the Home – Asbestos is an unwelcome pollutant. If inhaled or swallowed, asbestos fibers can damage the cells of the mesothelium and cause mesothelioma, an incurable form of cancer. While asbestos exposure is common among those who work in occupations like construction, factory, and shipyard, you can also be exposed to it in your own home. Based on data from the National Cancer Institute, about 5,000 everyday household products contain asbestos. Many of these items can pose serious exposure risks when they are in use, damaged or repaired.