Elk Grove Motorcyclist Fatality Involves Lodi Man
An accident near Elk Grove on November 2 resulted in a motorcyclist fatality along Interstate 5 northbound. The accident occurred at about 2:30 in the afternoon between Laguna Boulevard and Elk Grove Boulevard, according to the incident log by the California Highway Patrol (CHP). The motorcyclist was headed north on Interstate 5, traveling in the fast lane on a 2006 Harley Davidson, when the motorcycle reportedly collided with the rear right fender of a Dodge pickup. After losing control of the bike, the motorcyclist was thrown from the motorcycle landing in the number two lane, where a big rig’s rear wheels hit him. Emergency personnel from the Cosumnes Fire Department pronounced the motorcyclist dead at the scene of the crash.
Further Details of the Motorcyclist Fatality
The northbound side of the interstate was closed until 4:40 p.m., while the CHP investigated the cause of the motorcyclist fatality crash. Moreover, officials have identified the decedent as 63-year-old Anthony Silva Jr. of Lodi.
Losing a Loved One in a Motorcyclist Fatality
Losing someone you love suddenly in a motorcyclist fatality is a shock to everyone. Grieving family members must face an event they were not prepared for and one that elicits feelings of anger and hopelessness. The brutality of a motorcyclist fatality adds to the emotional response inherent in this situation. Some ways of coping with the death of a family member are:
- Support one another: Family members need to reach out to each other in ways that support their basic needs and emotional response. One way to do this is to help prepare meals. Many family members fail to cook for themselves and don’t want to eat out, so they subsist on meager meals in a time when they need to bolster their strength.
- Try to get enough sleep: Sleep is often meager after a sudden fatality. However, this time is one fraught with making funeral arrangements and other end-of-life tasks. Without rest, the person may be unable to cope.
- Talk about what happened: Many times, family members shy away from talking about the accident. It is important to discuss it while not allowing the conversation to become obsessive. Trying to avoid it entirely enhances the sorrow they feel.
- Help with daily tasks: The decedent probably handled an assortment of tasks. For example, they may have been responsible for taking children to school and home again. It is helpful when friends or family assume this role until more permanent arrangements can be made.
- Reach out to clergy or counselors: Sometimes, it is important to reach out to persons trained in dealing with fatalities. This can include clergy or counselors in the community.
Watch the following video presented by attorney Ed Smith on wrongful death lawsuits:
Wrongful Death Lawsuits
While filing a wrongful death lawsuit will not alter the grief you feel, it might help eliminate financial worry. In a moment, the support and care the loved one provided is gone due to negligence. This can affect many factors in the lives of those left behind, such as being able to continue living in the house you shared. Such a lawsuit can be filed by the spouse, children, siblings, and others in the state of California. Seeking the insight an injury lawyer can provide can help. Some damages that can be recovered are:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- The lost income the decedent supplied and would supply in the future
- The cost of doing household chores commonly done by the decedent
- The loss of consortium between spouses
Elk Grove Wrongful Death Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, an Elk Grove wrongful death lawyer. I have free and friendly advice to offer you if you lost a loved one because of negligence. Please call (916) 921-6400 or you can reach me on the toll-free line at (800) 404 5400. An online form is available also if that is more convenient for you.
Access the following links to look over client reviews and cases that were handled by my law firm:
Photo Attribution: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9-lg0clbRM; https://pixabay.com/photos/death-funeral-coffin-mourning-2421820/
:cd llo [cs 744]