I’m Ed Smith, a Truckee car accident lawyer. Truckee is a fun little town nestled in the beautiful Sierra Nevada mountain range. No matter how much time you spend in this quaint little town, there is always something new to explore. Truckee offers a wide variety of activities for people of all ages! It is the perfect place to take a romantic weekend getaway or enjoy a fun-filled weekend with your family!
Where is Truckee?
The town of Truckee is located 199 miles northeast of the San Francisco bay area, 12 miles north of South Lake Tahoe, and just 40 miles west of Reno, Nevada. You can take a plane, train, or automobile to Truckee! The Transcontinental Railroad passes right through the middle of town! Interstate 80 is the main highway in town and the Truckee Tahoe Airport offers daily charter and private flights!
- Truckee elevation: 5,980 feet
- Donner Peak: 8,019 feet
- Donner Summit: 7,239 feet
- Mt. Judah: 8.243 feet
Population & Climate
- Town of Truckee: 16,185
- Average temperature in the summer: 39-78 degrees Fahrenheit
- Average temperature in the winter: 17-41 degrees Fahrenheit
- Average yearly snowfall: 201 inches
- Average total precipitation: 30.9 inches
The Donner Truckee area has an expansive lake, granite mountain, vista, meadow terrain. In my opinion, Donner is the most breathtaking lake that Truckee has to offer. Traveling north on Interstate 80 over Donner Summit you will witness such a spectacular view of the lake!
The town of Truckee is 34 square miles in the eastern portion of Nevada County that is largely developed.
- Residential: 27.1%
- Protected/permanent open space: 18.3%
- Underutilized/vacant: 28.5%
- Lakes, parks, and institutional/public: 11.5%
- Mining/industrial: 1.2%
- Roads/railway right-of-way/other: 12.1%
- Office/commercial: 1.3%
The town of Truckee was established in 1863 and became incorporated in 1993. Truckee is one of three incorporated cities in Nevada County (Nevada City, Grass Valley, and Truckee). Five council members, who are elected at large for four-year terms, govern Truckee.
What’s the Cost?
- State and local sales tax: 8.125%
- Median price of a single-family home: $439,975
- Median price of a condo: $302,550
- Average rent for a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom home: $1,500/month
- Median household income: $67,755
Hike Through Truckee
Truckee offers a wide variety of outdoorsy activities! I myself, enjoy a good hike! Nothing is better than getting outside and enjoying a good trail after a long week in the office. Feels great to disconnect from the hustle and bustle by getting out into the fresh mountain air! Some popular local trails are:
- Tahoe Donner Trails
- Mount Judah Loop Trail
- Martis Creek Trail
- Sagehen Creek Trail
- Pacific Crest Trail Section 15
- Paradise Lake Trail
- Warren Lake Trail
- China Cove Trail at Donner Lake
Truckee Car Accident Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Truckee car accident lawyer. If you have been seriously injured or lost a loved one in an accident, please call me at (530) 392-9400 or (800) 404-5400 for fast, free and friendly advice.
I am a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. The forum consists of top-rated trial lawyers in the US with verdicts and settlements in excess of 1 Million Dollars.
See my past verdicts and settlements.
Founder of www.autoaccident.com, the most informative and up-to-date auto accident and personal injury database in Northern California.
Image Attribution: Wikimedia Commons