Amgen Tour Enters Lodi
I’m Ed Smith, a Lodi personal injury lawyer. The Tour of California is headed to Lodi today. The Lodi community has been waiting for this day with eager anticipation. Lodi looks forward to showcasing the beauty and the charm of this great city.
Stage 5 Starts – May 19, 2016 – Lodi
- The Stage 5 (Lodi to Lake Tahoe) section of the Amgen 2016 Tour of California will begin today in Lodi.
- Lodi is one of California’s major winegrowing regions. What a beautiful place to visit or if you prefer pedal through.
- Lodi is nestled 100 miles east of San Francisco at the San Joaquin/Sacramento River Delta area.
- Lodi is just south of Sacramento and west of the breathtaking Sierra Nevada mountain range.
- Lodi is home to what we think is the “Zinfandel Capital of the World.”
- When we think of Lodi — we think amazing grapes!
Amgen Tour of California
Lodi is honored to serve as a host city to the Amgen Tour of California. This is America’s greatest race which promises to highlight the best of what the Golden State has to offer.
Lodi personifies the very spirit of the Amgen Tour, with its small-town values and immense pride.
Lodi has rolled out the hospitality and pretty landscape. She is ready to recognize and share this phenomenal event.
Lodi welcomes Amgen to one of California’s most popular wine country destinations!
Directions to Lodi
Lodi can be accessed from California State Route 99 (commonly referred to as Highway 99). Lodi is located only 45 miles south of Sacramento.
The Cycling Community of Lodi
The City of Lodi is home to bicycling enthusiasts who support and love to host a number of other annual cycling and sports events. Some of the most popular include:
- Lodi Cyclefest – an annual event in downtown Lodi. Enjoy a 5K run and a beach cruiser race called the Vintners Cup.
- The Lodi Mile – a one-mile race which hosts the world’s best “local” runners. It includes a long bike ride through Lodi’s Wine Country.
- Giro de Vino – a nearly 50-mile bike tour along Lodi’s Wine Country trails with stops at local wineries.
Ride Along Beautiful Landscapes
Lodi is a great place to bike — a top destination! Locals love Lodi for the year-round Mediterranean climate. It is also favored for its flat terrain, scenic country roads, charming vineyards, endless orchards, and tranquil green pastures. Not to mention arriving at numerous tasting rooms and wineries hidden among vibrant vines for a well-earned glass of Lodi wine.
Bicycling Connections to Other Venues
- Lodi is an easy bike ride to the Cosumnes River Preserve. This area is beautiful and full of birds during spring and fall.
- Lodi connects to small river towns along the Sacramento and San Joaquin River Delta.
- Micke Grove Park is another nearby destination to send you on your way to explore our region.
All of these bike routes and more may be printed by following this link to Visit Lodi.com.
Welcome Amgen Tour of California to beautiful Lodi! Happy cycling!
Lodi Bicycle Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Lodi personal injury lawyer. If you or a family member has been seriously injured in a bicycling accident due to the negligence of someone else, please call me for free, friendly advice. I can be reached at (916) 921-6400 or toll free at (800) 404-5400. I’ve been helping bicyclists with their personal injury cases for more than 33 years.
See a long history of my successful Past Verdicts and Settlements.
I am very proud to be an attorney in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Attorneys in this forum have multiple case settlements and verdicts totaling over a million dollars.
Source of Amgen Tour Enters Lodi:
- Amgen Tour of California
- KCRA 3 News
Photo Attribution: Courtesy of https://www.flickr.com/photos/bike/ (http://www.flickr.com/photos/bike/3280369164/) [CC BY-SA 2.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons