Serious Injuries Reported After Fresno Car Accident
Serious injuries were reported after a car accident in Fresno on the afternoon of February 5, 2020. The auto accident occurred around 3:20 p.m. along the southbound lanes of Highway 41 near O Street. Three cars were involved in the crash, according to the California Highway Patrol (CHP). One party was pinned inside one of the cars and was extricated by emergency personnel. The injured person was rushed to a local hospital for treatment of serious injuries. Additional details, including an update of the injured party’s condition, has not yet been provided.
What Do You Do After a Serious Fresno Car Accident?
A car accident can be a traumatic event for all drivers and passengers involved. Getting your life back on track afterward can be stressful and overwhelming. If and when the time comes, you should be prepared for it. You can do so by following these tips below:
- Move to Safety: If your car accident occurred on a major roadway or highway, move your vehicle onto the shoulder of the road. Ensure that your car is as close to the accident scene as possible without causing a hazard to oncoming traffic.
- Call Police: When the police are called to a crash site, they will ask for proof of insurance and contact information from all drivers involved. They will use this information to prepare a traffic collision report. These reports often take one to two weeks to be processed. When it is ready, pick up a copy to store for your claim. Your insurance company will ask for it later.
- Seek Medical Care: You and your passenger’s safety and health should be your top priority after a car wreck. Seek immediate medical treatment and always keep up with treatment suggestions from your doctors.
- Collect Evidence: Take pictures of the crash site with a cell phone or camera. Be sure to take photos of any visible injuries, property damage, road signage, and any skid marks in the roadway.
- Witness Statements: In most car accidents, authorities will speak to anyone who witnessed the incident. However, there are times where police do not make contact with witnesses or include their statements in an accident report. This is why it is useful for you to ask witnesses for their recollection of the crash and request their contact information.
- Consult with a Fresno Personal Injury Lawyer: Recovering compensation through a personal injury claim for a car accident can be an extensive, time-consuming process. Speaking with an attorney early on in your case will allow you not only to focus on recovering from your injuries, but also to ensure you are compensated fairly for your losses.
To learn about the specific factors that may affect the value of a personal injury settlement, watch the video below.
Do I Have to Talk to a Car Insurance Claims Adjuster?
The other driver’s insurance company and your own will reach out to you shortly after the car accident for a statement. Avoid providing a statement to any insurer before you consult with an experienced car accident lawyer from Fresno. Insurance companies are focused on their bottom line. In other words, they will use any defense tactic to dispute your statement and personal injury claim to reduce the value of your settlement. An experienced attorney can advise you of your best options for how to proceed in this situation.
Car Accident Lawyer in Fresno
I’m Ed Smith, a Fresno car accident attorney. A motor vehicle accident can change the lives of those involved in a matter of seconds. All parties involved may suffer catastrophic injuries that require extensive medical care and time away from work to recover. Injured parties need and deserve compensation for their trauma and losses, but recovering it will not be easy without the assistance of an experienced attorney. If you or a loved one has been seriously injured after a car accident in Fresno County, please call me at (559) 377-7676 or toll-free at (800) 404-5400 to receive my free, friendly advice.
At our personal injury law firm, we are dedicated to providing each and every person we represent with the utmost care and compassion they need during the most challenging times of their life. To see what others have to say about working with us, read our client reviews at the links below:
If you would like to know more about our law office and past cases we have handled, go to our Verdicts and Settlements page.
Picture Source: By “ElasticComputeFarm” via Pixabay
:ds llo [cs 777]