Fatal Crash on 47th Street in Sacramento
An accident fatality occurred in Sacramento on March 26 on 47th Avenue when two vehicles collided. Officers with the Sacramento Police Department reported that the collision occurred at about 7:00 in the morning close to 54th Street. Emergency crews with the Sacramento Fire Department took injured people from both vehicles to a nearby hospital. One woman died from her injuries. Another person involved in the collision received minor injuries. The name of the deceased woman has not yet been released pending notification of her next of kin. Investigators with the Sacramento police are looking into how the collision occurred and who was at fault in the accident.
Help Following an Accident Fatality
If an accident fatality is the result of someone else’s negligence, the family may be able to place a claim for compensation from the at-fault party. An experienced lawyer can help. This can help the grieving family avoid the financial distress caused by their loss.
How to Help Following a Death
The loss of a loved one is one of the worst experiences a family can suffer. Family members are deep in grief and have feelings of confusion and an emptiness that cannot be filled. Being there for them during this difficult period, especially after an accident fatality, is important. Some tips to keep in mind while people are going through the grieving process include:
- Listen: People who are in grief help alleviate it by talking about their loved one. In the case of a traffic fatality, they may want to talk about the accident itself. Often, they feel guilty that they did not get to say goodbye. Being a good listener is an important way to help them deal with their loss.
- Look for ways to express that you care: Even if you are some distance away from the grieving person, you can place a phone call or send a sympathy card or flowers. Those who live nearby can call, visit if it is acceptable and offer help or arrive with a surprise casserole or other food.
- Pitch in and help: Weed the garden, rake leaves or mow the lawn. You can also wash dishes, run the vacuum sweeper, or take the children on an outing to give the family a break.
- Help with making the arrangements: Dealing with the funeral home and burial can be the most stressful time for a family. Helping with the arrangements can be welcome and provides a shoulder to lean on in these trying times.
- Remember, grief doesn’t stop after the burial: Call periodically afterward to see how everyone is doing and see if they need anything. Visit too, and keep being a good listener.
In the following video, attorney Ed Smith explains what a wrongful death claim is:
Gathering Evidence After an Accident Fatality
Because evidence is necessary to place a wrongful death claim involving an accident fatality, we go right to work to provide the proof. We send out investigators to the crash site to interview the witnesses and check for mistakes in the police report. They will perform accident reconstruction, which is commonly used both in court and when negotiating with the insurance company. Accident reconstruction details how the vehicles were positioned before the crash and how it occurred. The investigators also search for traffic light and business surveillance cameras that might have the accident caught on tape, which is irrefutable evidence. When all the evidence has been compiled, our lawyers work to build a strong case, which can be used when dealing with the insurance company on the client’s behalf or in preparing a case to take to civil court.
Sacramento Wrongful Death Attorney
I’m Ed Smith, a Sacramento wrongful death lawyer. If you lost a loved one because of negligence by another person, your family may be able to place a claim for compensation. You can reach me for my free and friendly advice by calling me at (916) 921-6400 locally or (800) 404-5400 if you are calling from outside the area. Some people prefer to reach me by filling out the online form. We offer Zoom video conferencing consultations free of charge. There are no fees up front. We get paid only if we win your case.
Go to the following links to look over client reviews and information on cases my law firm has handled:
Since 1982, I’ve helped Sacramentans get fair compensation for their traffic accident injuries, serious trauma, and wrongful death claims. The Million Dollar Forum and the National Association of Distinguished Counsel are both groups I am proud to belong to.
Photo Attribution: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9-lg0clbRM&feature=youtu.be; https://pixabay.com/photos/condolences-trauerkarte-letters-3991589/
:cd llo [cs 753]