Recovering Compensation After Brain Injuries
There are many different types of accidents that can cause brain injuries. Some of the most common include car accidents, falls and injuries related to playing sports. If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury due to someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. A Rocklin brain injury lawyer can help you understand your legal rights and options.
Brain trauma can range from mild to severe. Some common signs of a brain injury include headaches, dizziness, nausea, fatigue, difficulty sleeping and memory problems. More serious brain trauma can cause paralysis, coma and even death.
Different Types of Brain Injuries
There are many different types of brain injuries, each with its own set of symptoms and effects. The most common types of trauma to the brain include:
- Concussions: A concussion is a type of brain injury that occurs when the head is suddenly and violently shaken.
- Contusions: A contusion or bruise on the brain happens when the head hits an object.
- Coup-contrecoup injuries: A coup-contrecoup is a type of brain injury that occurs when the head hits an object and then bounces off, causing the brain to hit the opposite side of the skull.
- Diffuse axonal injuries: A diffuse axonal injury is a type of brain injury that occurs when the brain is suddenly and violently shaken. This can cause the nerve cells in the brain to stretch and tear.
- Skull fractures: A skull fracture is a break in the bones of the skull. Skull fractures can cause bleeding and bruising on the brain.
- Anoxic brain injuries: An anoxic brain injury is a type of trauma that occurs when the person is deprived of oxygen. This can happen if the heart stops beating or if the respiratory system fails.
An Accident Attorney Can Help You Recover Compensation
If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury due to someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. A Rocklin brain injury lawyer can help you understand your legal rights and options. The expense of caring for someone with a serious brain injury can be astronomical. If your loved one has suffered a brain injury due to another person’s negligence, you may be able to file a claim to recover damages.
Gathering Information to Support Your Claim
The first thing your Rocklin accident attorney will do is investigate the incident to determine who is at fault. Once we have established liability, we will gather evidence to support your claim. This may include medical records, witness statements and expert testimony. We will also assess the financial impact of the brain injury, including current and future medical expenses, wages that were lost and pain and suffering.
Once we have built a strong case, we negotiate on your behalf with the insurance company. If the insurance company won’t give you a fair settlement, we are ready to take them to court. Our goal is to get you the maximum compensation possible so that you can focus on healing and moving forward with your life.
No one should have to bear the financial burden of another person’s negligence. Wrongful death claims are complex, and it is important to have an experienced lawyer on your side. The lawyers at AutoAccident.com have many years of experience handling these types of injuries and obtaining the compensation our clients deserve.
Rocklin Brain Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Rocklin brain injury lawyer. When you or your loved one experiences a brain injury, recovering compensation is important to cover all of your medical expenses and other costs. Call us at (916) 921-6400 or at (800) 404-5400 for free and friendly advice from one of our accident attorneys.
Learn more about our practice by going to the links below:
We are proud to belong to the organizations listed below:
Photo attribution: Photo by MART PRODUCTION: https://www.pexels.com/photo/technology-computer-head-health-7089020/
:cd llo