Collision Reported on State Route 44 Between Semi and Motorcyclists
A major injury was reported at Old Station east of Redding on June 26 in a collision involving two motorcycles and a tractor-trailer. The crash happened just south of Old Station along State Route 44 at about 4:10 p.m. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) report said that the individual who called in the accident was in the big rig.
Motorcyclist Transported to Hospital With Major Injury
The caller said there was a motorcycle rider on the side of the roadway who was not moving. Shasta CalFire emergency responders arrived to discover one person involved in the collision had suffered a major injury. They transported the patient to a nearby hospital for additional medical care.
Accident Under Investigation to Determine Cause
Both of the motorcycles were towed from the scene. The tractor-trailer was still drivable. The incident is under investigation by the CHP to determine fault and how it occurred.
Factors Contributing to Motorcycle Accidents
Even though motorcycle collisions are often a cause for concern, it is helpful to know some of the reasons they happen. Some of the causes of motorcycle collisions can be prevented by using caution and remaining vigilant. In most cases, the collision occurred because either the rider or another motorist was negligent.
Motorcycle accidents that are the fault of a motorist or other entity often occur in the following situations:
- Drivers who are distracted: If the motorist was texting, talking on a phone, eating or otherwise not paying attention to the road and their surroundings, it can lead to a collision resulting in a major injury.
- Reckless driving: Driving recklessly includes tailgating, speeding, running a traffic light and other offenses, which is a common cause of an accident involving a negligent motorist and motorcycle rider.
- Drunk driving: Being impaired can include not only alcohol but illegal drugs or medications. Being impaired means the motorist may weave, change speeds constantly and have lowered reflexes, which can lead to a major injury accident.
- Turning in front of a motorcyclist: This is the number one cause of accidents involving motor vehicles that can lead to a major injury.
- Stopping short: Stopping suddenly in front of a motorcycle can cause the rider to be ejected, causing a serious injury.
- Lane-splitting accidents: Motorcyclists in California often lane-split. However, if a driver doesn’t signal or look carefully before changing lanes, it can lead to an accident with a rider.
How Can a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Help You?
When choosing a motorcycle accident lawyer, you should consider their success rate in resolving motorcycle accident claims in the past. Many factors can be involved during an investigation of a motorcycle accident, from negligent drivers to neglected roadway maintenance. Throughout the years, the legal team at AutoAccident.com has helped many riders injured in motorcycle accidents receive fair compensation for their injuries.
Redding Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Redding personal injury lawyer. Motorcycle accident injuries are often serious and involve hospitalization and extended medical treatment. If a negligent driver or other entity was the cause, you are welcome to phone our injury lawyers at (530) 392-9400 for their free and friendly advice. In addition, we can be reached at (800) 404-5400 or by messaging us online.
Belonging to the following associations is a real honor for us:
Our injury lawyers have aided many injured people in getting the compensation they deserve after being harmed by a negligent driver. You are invited to look over some of our reviews and cases below:
:cd llo