Sly Park Road Accident Reported Between Motorcycle and Pickup
A motorcycle collision with a pickup in Placerville on November 12 caused injuries to the rider. The accident occurred on Sly Park Road near Meadowland Drive around 11:27 a.m. The report by the California Highway Patrol (CHP) said the rider of the motorcycle landed in the reporting person’s front yard. A tow was called to remove the Honda motorcycle. The CHP is investigating how the accident occurred and assigning blame for the crash.
Accidents Involving Motorcycles Are Dangerous
It is common for motorcycles to be involved in serious accidents due to a number of hazards, including bad roadways and negligent drivers. Even though most motorcycle riders exercise caution to avoid collisions, sometimes it’s just out of their hands. Some of the risks that motorcyclists face include the following:
- Distracted driving: Texting, adjusting radios, or the GPS that diverts the driver’s attention can lead to a motorcycle crash.
- Turning left: A vehicle making a left turn often causes a motorcycle collision if the driver turns in front of them, resulting in a major injury. This situation requires the driver to stay alert for oncoming traffic.
- Drunk driving: Impaired drivers can cause motorcycle accidents. Drunk drivers have trouble maintaining their lane, judging how far other vehicles are from them, and exhibit slowed reflexes, making it hard to stop if an emergency occurs.
- Speeding: In many motorcycle accidents, speeding motorists are to blame. When the driver speeds, the motorist is at a greater risk of losing control of the vehicle because of a longer stopping distance.
- Motorcycle parts that are defective: Defects in motorcycle parts, such as in the steering, accelerator, or brakes can cause serious injuries. A product liability lawsuit may be filed in these cases against the manufacturer if a motorcycle collision causes injuries.
- Negligent roadway maintenance: In the case of a motorcycle accident resulting in an injury, government neglect can play a major role. Motorcycle accidents may be caused by potholes, inadequate lighting at night, pavement upheavals and other issues caused by inadequate or neglected government maintenance. Government agencies may be responsible financially when negligence results in a motorcycle crash with injuries. Injury claims against government entities are subject to a six-month statute of limitations, so it is wise to hire an injury lawyer to ensure paperwork is correct and deadlines are met.
Choosing a Motorcycle Crash Lawyer
The success rate a motorcycle accident attorney has is an important factor when picking a lawyer to handle your case. Investigations of motorcycle accidents can reveal many factors, from negligent drivers to neglected roadway maintenance. Our law office has successfully handled many motorcycle collision cases, helping injured riders obtain the compensation they deserve.
Investigating the Motorcycle Collision
We launch an investigation to determine the cause of the accident and who may be held liable. Our investigators gather evidence to support the client’s claim for compensation. From performing accident reconstruction to collecting evidence at the crash site, reviewing police reports and speaking to the witnesses, our goal is to prove the other party’s negligence and support your claim.
Placerville Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, and I’m a Placerville personal injury lawyer. Depending on the circumstances of your motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to compensation if negligence caused your injuries. Our injury lawyers can provide free and friendly advice at (530) 392-9400 or (800) 404-5400. Alternatively, you can message us online.
At the links that follow, you can discover how others have been helped by our injury lawyers:
:cd llo