Phantom Vehicle in Sacramento Causes Accident on Arden Way
A phantom vehicle in Sacramento hit a pedestrian, causing injuries, and then left the scene on December 21. The collision occurred on Arden Way near the intersection with Fulton Avenue around 1:07 p.m. Officers with the California Highway Patrol (CHP) reported that the vehicle was pulling into a gas station parking lot and struck one of the employees before leaving the area. The CHP traffic collision unit is conducting an investigation into the accident and seeking the driver who fled the scene.
How an Injury Lawyer Finds a Phantom Vehicle in Sacramento
Phantom drivers are those who commit a hit-and-run and then flee the scene. A number of hit-and-run drivers have been located by our law firm over the past few years. Accountability for drivers’ actions is crucial, and we understand how essential it is to help our clients recover compensation. Our law office is also equipped with investigators and a myriad of resources to aid us in this endeavor. Accident investigations lead us to areas such as:
- To collect physical evidence from the Sacramento hit-and-run accident, investigators search for pieces of metal and paint from the vehicle. The purpose of these is to identify the make and model of a vehicle.
- The hit-and-run accident witnesses are interviewed and may be able to identify the vehicle and even the driver in some cases.
- In order to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the police report, it must be reviewed. If a mistake is made, clients may not be able to file a compensation claim.
- By analyzing surveillance videos and using accident reconstruction techniques, we gain a more complete understanding of the phantom vehicle in Sacramento. If a camera caught the accident, the surveillance footage can be subpoenaed.
- In the midst of negotiation or litigation, our attorneys utilize the evidence as a basis for presenting a strong case.
Recovering Compensation When the Driver Flees the Scene
When the driver and phantom vehicle in Sacramento are located, they may be held financially liable for the injuries they caused. There are many cases in which the fleeing driver lacks insurance or is unable to pay your injury claim, even if he or she is located. It is in these situations that we assist our clients in taking advantage of the coverage they have for uninsured or underinsured motorists.
Uninsured Motorist Coverage
California auto insurance policies include an offer for uninsured/underinsured driver coverage as an add-on. Since there are so many in the state, many drivers take advantage of this offer. People who get injured walking, riding a bike or driving can benefit from the add-on policy. The injured party can use coverage of another member of their family if they have it. The policy rates remain the same.
Watch this video featuring accident lawyer Ed Smith’s tips on how to choose an attorney:
Attorney for Sacramento Auto Accidents
I’m Ed Smith. I’m an attorney for Sacramento auto accidents. In the event that negligence caused your injuries, those responsible for your medical expenses and other losses can be held liable. Please feel free to contact us at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400 for free and friendly advice. We can assess your case and answer your questions regarding your options for recovering compensation for your losses if you contact us. Online contact is also available.
We strive to obtain maximum compensation for our clients, as shown by our designation as a Million Dollar Advocate and Top One Percent law firm. The reviews on Google and Yelp and our Settlements and Verdicts page show that many injured people have turned to our injury lawyers after being injured in a car accident.
:cd llo [cs 640]