Fatal Pedestrian Hit-and-Run Accident Occurs Along Franklin Boulevard
A pedestrian died on March 18 in Sacramento after being struck by a hit-and-run driver. The collision happened along Franklin Boulevard near 26th Avenue around 6:00 a.m. When officers with the Sacramento Police Department arrived at the scene, they discovered a male pedestrian who had been seriously injured.
Franklin Boulevard Area Closed for Investigation of Hit-and-Run Fatality Accident
Although the pedestrian was transported to a hospital, he was pronounced dead there. Franklin Boulevard was closed down between 26th and 27th avenues as an investigation into the fatal accident was conducted by authorities. Information has not been updated on the search for the fleeing driver.
After a Loved One’s Death
When a loved one dies unjustly, it is extremely painful and difficult. An at-fault driver can be held accountable for the death of their loved one by filing a wrongful death claim. Although it won’t ease their grief nor replace their loved one, it will allow them to feel a sense of justice and closure.
We have helped countless grieving families obtain compensation through our injury lawyers for many years. As a result of our understanding of what you are going through, we treat your family like it is our own. In a free, confidential consultation, we will discuss your case, answer your questions and help you decide if a wrongful death claim is right for you. You can meet with us in person or virtually.
Wrongful Death Claims: Who Files and What Can Be Recovered?
It is possible for immediate family members or the estate administrator to file a claim for wrongful death once a hit-and-run driver is located. You only have the option of filing one claim. Spouses and children, including stepchildren who received at least half their support from the deceased, may file a wrongful death claim jointly. The decedent’s grandchildren may be able to join the lawsuit if one of their parents predeceased them. There are several types of damages that family members can seek:
- It is possible to receive reimbursement for funeral and burial expenses.
- In this case, family members can recover the earnings their deceased loved one would have earned during their employment career up until the time of retirement. Compensation for the decedent’s death includes the benefits he/she received while employed, including a pension, health insurance, bonuses and other perks. The claim may be supported by tax returns, receipts and other documents if the decedent was self-employed.
- A spouse’s demise may result in some recovery of the loss of consortium, comfort and affection.
- It is possible to compensate children for the loss of care, instruction, nurturing and guidance they suffered after the death of the decedent.
- As part of the damages, compensation can also be recovered for the loss of household services such as childcare and vehicle maintenance.
Sacramento Wrongful Death Lawyer
My name is Ed Smith. I am a Sacramento wrongful death lawyer. When your family has lost a loved one because of a motorist’s negligence, you have the right to file a claim for wrongful death. Our free and friendly injury lawyers can be contacted at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. An online form to contact us is also available. We can arrange a virtual or in-person free consultation in which you can have your case reviewed and learn about options to recover compensation.
Belonging to the following groups is an honor for us because it shows how dedicated we are to obtaining the maximum compensation for our clients:
Click on the following links to find out how our injury lawyers have assisted others in obtaining the compensation they deserve:
:cd llo