Not Ready to Talk to a Car Accident Lawyer
Even if you are not ready to talk to an auto accident attorney following your car accident, there a few things you should still do. Below are some of my recommendations:
- Whatever you do, don’t talk about your accident details with anyone. Immediate family members may need to know, but ask them not to discuss your accident with others.
- Immediately start a file folder. Put all information relating to your case in that one place.
- Know that the insurance company on the other side may spy on you. It’s called surveillance and it’s legal. They may be trying to discover how serious your injuries are.
- Never sign your name on a document that relates to your accident claim. This includes government agencies and/or your employer.
- Use caution when posting on social media. Secure your privacy settings. Insurance companies may spy on you in these forums. Be careful on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and all social media sites. Because these sites catalog your daily life, you may be providing an untrue impression of yourself.
- Use one pharmacy. Your pharmacy usually keeps a computerized record of all your medications for a two-year period. This record is helpful for your injury case.
- Read our article below on common mistakes when selecting a personal injury attorney.
Rancho Cordova Accident Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Rancho Cordova Auto Accident Lawyer. I have created a comprehensive accident information website: www.autoaccident.com. If you or someone you love has been seriously injured in an accident due to no fault of your own, please call(916) 921-6400 for free, friendly advice.
As a Rancho Cordova accident lawyer, I have helped numerous accident and injury victims win their cases.
California member of Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Lawyers here have won numerous multi-million Dollar Verdicts and settlements.
Visit our verdicts and settlements page, here.
Even if you’re not ready for an auto accident lawyer, take a moment to review Common Mistakes When Selecting a Personal Injury Attorney.
Photo Attribution: Wikimedia Commons Public Domain.