Accident at I-80 and I-5 Involves Six Vehicles
A multiple-vehicle crash in Natomas on August 2 blocked Interstate 80 at Interstate 5 in a collision that involved six vehicles at around 5:10 p.m. Two of the vehicles involved in the collision experienced rollovers, according to the California Highway Patrol (CHP) report on the incident. Of those two rollovers, which involved a truck and van, one ended up on its side and the other on its roof.
First Responders Evaluate Injuries in Multiple-Vehicle Crash
The Sacramento Fire Department’s emergency responders came to evaluate injuries in the collision. All the lanes were blocked both by the traffic and by the fire department. All of the vehicles had to be towed from the scene.
Multiple-Vehicle Crash Under Investigation
At the time of this report, details on injuries suffered in the collision had not yet been released. The CHP is investigating to determine what happened to cause the multiple-vehicle crash.
Multiple-Vehicle Crashes Are Usually Caused by Negligence
Driving negligently or making an error can easily cause a multiple-vehicle crash. Negligence can take many forms, including:
- Drunk driving: A multiple-vehicle crash often results from drunk driving. Drunk drivers are unable to judge distances between other vehicles and have slow reflexes, which makes them dangerous to others.
- Speeding: Speeding can lead to accidents when drivers cannot slow down in time to avoid collisions.
- Driving recklessly: The reckless driver may swerve in and out of lanes and perform other maneuvers in a way that may endanger other motorists. A multiple-vehicle crash is likely to result from this type of behavior.
- Driving distracted: Talking on a cell phone or texting while driving can cause multiple-vehicle accidents.
- Fatigue: The effects of fatigued driving are similar to those of intoxication when a person is behind the wheel of a car.
- Failure to yield: A failure to yield can lead to a multiple-vehicle crash, especially if lanes are narrowing.
An Attorney Can Help You After a Multiple-Vehicle Accident
Multiple-vehicle crashes may be caused by more than one negligent driver, making it vital to determine who is at fault. The injured parties will then be able to recover compensation for their injuries. There may have been a driver who was speeding, another who texted while driving and a third who was intoxicated. The at-fault parties can be held liable for fair compensation by determining which drivers were negligent in the collision.
The Investigation of a Multiple-Vehicle Accident
At our law firm, investigators respond immediately to accident scenes in order to collect evidence that supports our clients’ compensation claims. Investigations are conducted in the following areas, among others:
- Witnesses are interviewed. In some cases, a witness taped the accident on their smartphone.
- Accident reconstruction allows the investigators to see how the vehicles were positioned before, during and after the collision.
- In addition to reviewing the police report, the investigators check for errors.
- If a surveillance video of the accident exists, they obtain it.
A solid case is built for our clients by our accident attorneys based on the evidence gathered.
Accident Attorneys in Natomas
I’m Ed Smith. I am an accident attorney in Natomas. When you’ve suffered injuries because of someone else’s negligence, you can claim compensation to cover your medical costs and others. Contact us at (916) 921-6400 for our free, friendly advice. We can also be reached either at (800) 404-5400 or by contacting us online.
Discover more about how our injury lawyers assisted others at:
:cd llo