Major Injury Reported in Vehicle/Motorcycle Accident on U.S. 50
A major motorcycle accident occurred on the El Dorado Freeway near Placerville on November 1 in a crash involving a motor vehicle. The collision happened around 11:11 a.m. along eastbound U.S. 50 just west of the Greenstone Road off-ramp between the motorcycle rider and the driver of an Audi. The motorcycle was reported as down to the California Highway Patrol (CHP), who responded to the call.
Motorcycle Found on the Vehicle’s Hood in Highway Accident
The motorcycle was found on the hood of the vehicle, and the middle lanes of the highway were blocked by the crash. Fire Department first responders arrived at the motorcycle accident scene and determined that the rider had suffered major injuries in the crash. It was not reported which hospital the injured rider was transported to.
Investigation Underway to Determine Cause of Motorcycle Accident
Both vehicles were towed from the scene. An investigation is underway by the CHP to find out how the motorcycle crash happened and which vehicle operator was at fault.
Major Causes of Motorcycle Highway Accidents With Other Drivers
There are many ways that a highway accident involving a motorcyclist and the driver of a motor vehicle can occur. Some of them are as follows:
- Distracted driving, such as texting or talking on the phone
- Reckless driving, such as speeding or weaving in and out of traffic
- Failing to yield the right of way to motorcycle riders
- Not paying attention to motorcyclists on the road
- Opening car doors into the path of oncoming motorcycles
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Making left turns in front of approaching motorcycles
- Cutting off motorcycle riders while changing lanes
- Merging into traffic without seeing motorcycles nearby
- Following motorcycle riders too closely
Recovering Compensation When You’ve Been Injured by a Negligent Driver
If you have been injured in an accident caused by a negligent driver, you might be curious about the compensation you can recover through a personal injury claim. Here is a look at some of the most common types of damages that are sought in these cases:
- Medical expenses – This may include the cost of hospitalization, surgeries, rehabilitative care and any other medical treatment required as a result of the accident.
- Lost wages – If you are unable to work because of your injuries, you may be able to recover the wages you would have earned during that time.
- Pain and suffering – This includes physical pain and emotional suffering that was caused by the accident and your injuries.
- Punitive damages – In some cases, a negligent driver may be ordered to pay punitive damages, which are designed to punish the at-fault person for their actions and deter others from engaging in similar behavior.
If you have been injured in an accident caused by a negligent motorist, you may be entitled to recover compensation for your losses. An experienced personal injury attorney can review your case and advise you of your legal options.
Placerville Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith. I’m a Placerville personal injury lawyer. A motorcycle accident injury claim can be filed if negligence caused your trauma. We can help you with free and friendly advice if you call us at (530) 392-9400 or (800) 404-5400. Alternatively, you can reach out to us online.
It is an honor for us to be a member of the Top 1 Percent and the Million Dollar Advocates.
Here are some examples of how our injury lawyers have helped others:
Photo attribution: Image by Albrecht Fietz from Pixabay
:cd llo