Intersection Motorcycle Crash in Diamond Spring
A motorcycle accident in Diamond Spring near Placerville on April 25 resulted in a major injury when the rider crashed into a motor vehicle. The accident happened at the intersection of Forni and Missouri Flat Roads around 11:48 a.m. when the motorcycle collided with a gray-colored sedan. According to the incident report issued by the California Highway Patrol (CHP), the rider was found in the middle of the roadway and had suffered a broken arm. Investigators with CHP Traffic are determining fault in the accident and how it happened.
Choosing the Right Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
A motorcycle accident attorney’s success rate is an important factor when picking a lawyer to handle your case. Because of stereotypes, riders are sometimes dimly viewed by insurance companies and juries. Having a lawyer handling your claim who understands these prejudices and knows how to combat them effectively can make a big difference in the outcome of your personal injury claim.
Injured riders have obtained fair compensation with the help of our law office through the successful handling of many motorcycle crash cases. We’ve handled so many that common questions after a collision can be found at this link.
Dangers Associated With a Motorcycle Accident
It is common for motorcyclists to experience serious accidents due to a number of hazards. Even when riders try their best to avoid motorcycle crashes, negligent motorists and other problems can cause serious injuries. Motorcycle riders can suffer serious injuries on the road due to the following risks:
- Left turns: Left-turning vehicles can cause motorcycle crashes if the driver turns in front of them, resulting in serious injuries. Keeping an eye on oncoming traffic is essential to avoid collisions with others.
- Speed: A motorcycle collision is commonly caused by a speeding motorist. The vehicle’s stopping distance increases when the driver speeds, and the motorist is at a greater risk of losing control.
- Distractions: Getting into an accident when you are distracted is very common. Dialing a phone, texting, adjusting the radio or anything else that draws your attention can lead to a collision.
- Drunk or drugged driving: Alcohol-impaired driving can result in motorcycle accidents. When impaired, drivers have difficulty maintaining their lane, judging distances from other vehicles, and react slowly, making it difficult to stop in an emergency.
- Defects in the motorcycle: Defective motorcycle parts can cause serious injuries, such as steering, accelerators, brakes and throttles. If a motorcycle crash causes injuries, the manufacturer may be sued for product liability, so retaining the bike is important.
- The government’s neglect of roadway maintenance can play a major role in a motorcycle crash that causes injury. Various issues caused by inadequate or neglected government maintenance can lead to motorcycle collisions, including potholes, pavement upheavals, etc. When negligence leads to a motorcycle crash resulting in injuries, government entities can be held liable financially. There is a six-month statute of limitations on claims against government entities, so hiring an accident attorney is helpful to ensure paperwork is correct and deadlines are met.
The following video by accident lawyer Ed Smith provides helpful information on finding a lawyer:
Placerville Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Placerville personal injury lawyer. If negligence caused your motorcycle crash injuries, you have the right to place a claim to recover compensation. Please call us at (530) 392-9400 or (800) 404-5400 for free and friendly advice from one of our injury attorneys. If you prefer, you can also message us online.
Belonging to the Top 1 Percent and Million Dollar Advocates is a big honor for us.
At the links that follow, you can discover how our injury lawyers have helped others:
Photo attribution: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLQ8I1W1gR8&t=10s; Image by Albrecht Fietz from Pixabay
:cd llo