Injuries Reported After Car Accident Near Ione in Amador County

Injuries Reported After Accident in Amador County

The California Highway Patrol (CHP) reported injuries after a motor vehicle accident in Amador County on June 3, 2020. The car accident happened on Highway 88 and Brook Ranch Road shortly after 1:30 p.m. The incident involved four vehicles, some of which were identified as a Jeep Grand Cherokee, Pontiac Aztek, and a red sedan. A tow truck was requested at the scene to remove both the Pontiac and the Jeep from the scene. An ambulance was called to assist those injured in the crash, according to the CHP. Details regarding the cause of the collision were not immediately available.

Car Insurance and Accident Laws in California

When you are involved in a motor vehicle accident, it is essential to understand what your legal responsibilities are as a driver in the state of California. Motorists are required to carry liability insurance that meets California’s laws, including $15,000 for bodily injury per individual or $30,000 per collision and $5,000 for property damage. Drivers are required to report a car accident to the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) within 10 days of the incident if it involves bodily injury or death of a person or property damage exceeding $1,000. Insurance companies often require immediate notification of a collision and may deny coverage that is available under the policy to their insured for the failure to do so.

Is There Enough Insurance to Cover a Multi-Vehicle Accident?

Car insurance is there to protect you if you are involved in a motor vehicle collision. Keep in mind that state minimum coverage protects others who are injured or suffered losses in a crash, not you. Several types of insurance can help cover your injuries and damages in case you find yourself involved in an accident with a driver that carries state minimum insurance or none at all. Collision coverage is not optional if you are financing or leasing a vehicle, and it helps pay for property damage up to fair market value. When you file a claim under your collision coverage, you may be subject to a deductible. Uninsured motorist property damage might pay for your vehicle repairs if it was damaged by a driver that does not have insurance and covers up to $3,500 under most insurance policies in California. Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage (UM/UIM) can help pay for your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering if the other motorist does not have insurance or carries little coverage. To learn more about the UM claims process, watch the video below.

Do You Need a Lawyer for an Amador County Car Accident?

You never know who has car insurance when you are driving on the road, and the thought may not come to mind until it is too late. If you find yourself involved in a car accident involving multiple vehicles and find out that the at-fault party does not have enough insurance to cover your economic and noneconomic damages, your options for recovery may be limited. If you have UM/UIM protection, you can file a claim with your insurance company to recover the compensation you need for your injuries and losses, up to the limits of your policy. While you may be working with your insurance carrier, that does not mean that they are on your side when it comes to fairly compensating you for your accident. Dealing with your insurance company is not worth your time, and you should be spending it recovering from your injuries and getting your life back on track. If you wait to reach out to an experienced injury lawyer, this may mean the results you can get could be delayed. Do not hesitate if you find yourself involved in this situation and get in touch with one of the Ione car accident lawyers at to recover the compensation you need after your crash.

Car Accident Lawyers in Ione

I’m Ed Smith, an Ione car accident lawyer. No matter how safe of a driver you are, there is always the chance of getting into a car accident since you have no control over other drivers on the road. Car wrecks may result in devastating, life-changing consequences for both the injured person and their family. This is why I am dedicated to helping those injured in car accidents navigate the personal injury claims process and aftermath of a crash to ensure they are fairly compensated for their injuries and losses. If you have been injured after an auto accident in Amador County and need free, friendly advice on how to handle your situation, please call me at (209) 227-1931 or toll-free at (800) 404-5400.

Learn more about our personal injury law firm by reading our client comments and reviews at:

I am proud to be listed as a member of both the National Association of Distinguished Counsel and the Million Dollar Advocates.

At, our Ione personal injury lawyers provide clients with experienced and compassionate legal representation to seek fair compensation to help with their financial burdens and recovery of injuries. To see how we have settled past cases for others, go to our Verdicts and Settlements page.

Image :ab

:ds llo [cs 882]

Contact Information