Highway 160 Accident Occurs Near Highway 12
A highway collision occurred on May 14 near Rio Vista that left one person critically injured. The collision occurred along Highway 160 near Highway 12, according to authorities with the Rio Vista Fire Department. One person was transported by helicopter to the hospital with life-threatening trauma.
Critically Injured Patient Transported to Trauma Center After Highway Collision
The California Highway Patrol (CHP) reported that the driver was extricated from his vehicle by fire crews following the highway collision. Traffic was closed down and backed up in both directions after the crash as the site was cleared and to allow the helicopter to land. Four additional people were checked for injuries by the medics that were present at the scene but released afterward. An investigation by CHP traffic accident personnel is underway to determine why the collision occurred.
Recoverable Compensation in a Car Accident Caused by a Negligent Driver
If you have been injured in a highway collision caused by another driver’s negligence, you may be entitled to recoverable compensation. Depending on the circumstances of your accident and the severity of your injuries, there are various forms of damages that may be awarded. These include:
- Medical expenses – You can seek compensation for any medical bills or treatments related to the accident. This includes doctor visits, hospital stays, prescription medications, therapy sessions, and more.
- Lost wages – If you had to miss work due to your injuries from the accident, you are entitled to compensation for lost wages. This also applies if you cannot return to your former job due to permanent disability or reduced earning potential.
- Pain and suffering – You can seek compensation for the physical and emotional pain caused by the accident.
- Punitive damages – This form of compensation is designed to punish negligent drivers who cause accidents due to their careless actions.
- Wrongful death – If a family member has died in a highway collision due to the negligence of another driver, you may have the right to pursue wrongful death damages.
- Loss of consortium – In some cases, spouses or other family members can seek compensation if they have suffered a loss of companionship due to their loved one’s injuries in an accident caused by a negligent driver.
Contacting an Injury Lawyer
To determine what type of compensation you may be entitled to, it is important to speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer. An injury attorney can offer a free review of your case and provide guidance on the best course of action for recovering maximum compensation for your injuries and losses. This enables the injured person to concentrate on healing from their trauma, knowing their case is in good hands. You owe nothing unless your case is won.
The following video provides tips about choosing an attorney to handle your injury case from accident lawyer Ed Smith:
Rio Vista Personal Injury Lawyer
I am Ed Smith. I’m a Rio Vista personal injury lawyer. When someone suffers trauma due to another person’s negligence, you have the right to place a personal injury claim to recover compensation. You can get free and friendly advice from an accident attorney at our firm by calling (707) 564-1900 or (800) 404-5400. Messages can also be sent online.
Some of our proudest affiliations include the following because they show how hard our lawyers work to obtain maximum compensation for our clients:
Some of the ways our injury lawyers have helped people are listed at the links below:
Photo attribution: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLQ8I1W1gR8&t=10s; Image by Vladyslav Topyekha from Pixabay
:cd llo