Eight Injured in Ceres Auto Accident
At least eight parties were injured in a Ceres auto accident on the afternoon of June 10, 2019. The crash occurred shortly after 1:30 p.m. along the southbound lanes of Highway 99 near Service Road. Two lanes were closed, and traffic was backed up to Briggsmore Avenue in Modesto. Multiple ambulances were called to the scene, including a helicopter for a child who suffered serious injuries. An update regarding the conditions of the eight people injured in the car accident has not yet been released by officials.
Common Reasons for a Ceres Auto Accident
When a driver fails to operate a motor vehicle safely, that motorist can put the lives of others at risk and cause a crash. Common causes of car accidents in Stanislaus County include driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, texting while driving, speeding, and unsafe lane changes. Other factors such as inclement weather, vehicle defects, or poor road conditions can also contribute to a collision. In these situations, an attorney can investigate whether other parties may be liable for damages incurred.
Types of Injuries in a Ceres Auto Accident
Injuries suffered in a car accident may not seem traumatic at first. However, they can be extremely debilitating later on in life. Even a minor collision can cause some of the most traumatic injuries on the spectrum. These include neck injuries, chest trauma, spinal cord damage, traumatic brain injuries, loss of limbs, or even wrongful death. For details on whether an auto accident claim is worth pursuing, watch the below video.
What Damages Can I Recover After an Auto Accident?
Accidents in Ceres and surrounding areas can cause injuries that trigger substantial stress and expenses. Compensation for economic and noneconomic damages resulting from a car accident may be available through a personal injury claim. This includes recovery of the following:
- Loss of companionship or consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of quality of life
- Lost wages for any potential earnings or salary lost due to the car crash
- Lost earning capacity due to a long-lasting or permanent injury that has affected a person’s ability to earn wages
- Medical expenses including costs for emergency services, hospital stays, rehabilitation, and any medical devices
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage for any fees to repair or replace personal property
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Wrongful death if a loved one was lost in a traffic collision
How is Negligence Proven in a Car Accident?
To recover damages in a personal injury case, negligence must be shown through four elements. These include
- Duty of Care: The negligent driver has a responsibility to follow the rules of the road to avoid causing harm to others
- Breach of Duty: This refers to the duty of care the at-fault party breached or violated in the accident
- Causation: A link must be demonstrated between the liable person’s breach of duty and the injuries caused to the other party
- Damages: The injured party has the burden of proving they incurred losses for the injuries the negligent motorist caused
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
California limits the amount of time for which an individual has to file for personal injury. An injured person has two years from the date of the incident to bring a claim. Once the deadline has passed, the injured party may lose the right to pursue a claim and recover compensation.
Do You Need a Lawyer After an Auto Accident?
Time is of the essence in a personal injury claim. Eyewitness statements can fade, evidence may be time-sensitive, and insurance companies will waste no time to strategize a defense. This is why it is essential to have an experienced Modesto personal injury lawyer to handle your case. An attorney will review the facts and circumstances of the car accident, determine which parties are negligent, and explain the process of bringing a claim for damages.
Modesto Auto Accident Attorney
I’m Ed Smith, a Modesto auto accident attorney. Being involved in a car wreck can be stressful and traumatic, especially when severe injuries are suffered. If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident due to the negligence of another, please call me at (209) 227-1931 or toll-free at (800) 404-5400 to receive my free, friendly case advice.
Read reviews of our law office written by our former clients and peers at:
I am proud to be listed as a member of the Million Dollar Advocates and the National Association of Distinguished Counsel. Membership of the first group is open only to trial attorneys who have won $1 million or more for a previous client. The other group recognizes attorneys who uphold high standards of legal excellence.
Find out more information about our law office and prior cases we have handled by going to our Verdicts and Settlements page.
Image :ab / Eight Injured in Ceres Auto Accident
:ds llo [cs 819]