Crossover Crash on Watt Avenue
I’m Ed Smith, a car accident lawyer in Sacramento. An early morning crash along Watt Avenue on April 17 caused a car to flip over the center divider, colliding with another vehicle. Although officers with the California Highway Patrol (CHP) reported that the airbags had deployed during the crossover collision, injuries still resulted. The accident occurred shortly before 8:00 in the morning near the intersection of Watt Avenue and Fair Oaks Boulevard. It was reported that an unidentified red sedan passed over the center divider and crashed into a gray SUV. Following the collision, one vehicle was stationary in the center divider, while the other blocked the northbound lanes of Watt Avenue. Rescue personnel from the Sacramento Fire Department arrived to help those who were injured in the crash.
A crossover crash is one where the vehicle passes over the median barrier into oncoming traffic, which results in a head-on collision. This can occur along highways or divided streets in a city. Generally, a crossover accident happens due to a driver’s negligent actions but can also occur as a result of a traffic collision. Some of the irresponsible behaviors that can cause a driver to lose control of their vehicle and cause a crossover accident are as follows:
- Distracted driving happens when a driver takes his/her eyes from the road. According to DoSomething.org, when someone takes 1.5 seconds to write a text message while driving, their vehicle has traveled as far as a football field in length.
- Speeding is a common reason for traffic accidents. However, if a speeder strikes a concrete barrier placed in the median, it can cause the vehicle to flip or experience a rollover, endangering others nearby.
- Drugged driving is a rising problem among motorists. A federal agency reported that 11.8 million motorists were under the influence of illicit drugs while driving in 2016. Marijuana was the most common drug found in these impaired drivers.
- Drunk driving was a factor in almost ⅓ of all traffic fatalities in 2015, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Wrong-way drivers are commonly drunk drivers who commit crossover crashes.
- Mechanical problems can cause a vehicle to go out of control and crash. Some of these problems can be traced to manufacturer defects. Individuals who are injured due to a defective vehicle can obtain injury compensation.
- Road rage causes drivers to behave aggressively by tailgating, disobeying traffic laws, cutting into and out of traffic and other manifestations of reckless driving.
Injuries in Crossover Crashes
The injuries incurred in an accident involving a crossover can be devastating. Crush injuries associated with a rollover due to lack of roof strength are particularly damaging. Head-on collisions involve the velocity of two vehicles moving in opposing directions. This heightens the damage that results.
Car Accident Lawyers in Sacramento
I’m Ed Smith, a car accident lawyer in Sacramento. If you have been harmed in a crossover accident or a member of your family has died, you need a legal advocate at your side. Call me at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400 anytime. You can also contact me online. I will provide free and friendly advice as I answer your questions, and structure a strong case to recover damages.
I’ve assisted Sacramento residents for over 36 years to get the compensation they need and deserve in many types of serious car accidents.
Because I won verdicts of $1 million or more, I’ve been inducted into the Million Dollar Advocates.
If you want to know how I helped former clients, stay here on my website AutoAccident.com and go to my verdicts and settlements. Just click on the header at the top of the page.
You might want to know a little about me before retaining my law firm. Go to the following pages to see what other clients thought about my practice:
Photo Attribution: https://www.pexels.com/photo/action-asphalt-automobile-automotive-593172/
:cd [cs 708] cv