Brentwood Driver Injured in Rollover Accident
I’m Ed Smith, a Brentwood Injury Attorney. During the morning of Monday, February 26, 2018, a single car accident left one woman with minor injuries after taking a curve too fast and subsequently overturning her vehicle. Thankfully, no other cars were involved. The full story is reported below.
Speeding Leads to Rollover Accident
A driver recently crashed and wrecked her car after failing to properly modify her speed for an upcoming road curve on Deer Valley Road. California Highway Patrol (CHP) officials stated that the driver reportedly admitted that she was moving too fast to safely take the curve. Thankfully there were no other vehicles or people harmed in the process. The driver who caused the accident had no one else in her car at the time.
The female was traveling southbound along Deer Valley Road at approximately 8:00 a.m., just one mile south of Chadbourne Road when she crossed over the lane for oncoming traffic and exited the arterial road surface. A traffic sign was unintentionally struck and wiped out in the process. Her vehicle finally came to a stop while laying flat on the passenger side. The car ended up in a field of mud that was roughly 100 feet away from the nearest road.
The motorist was able to carefully remove herself from her totaled car, and was quickly transferred to Walnut Creek’s John Muir Medical Center via ambulance. Her wounds from the accident were determined by emergency responders to be minor. The rainy weather at the time of the wreck may have contributed to the accident.
Teams from the Contra Costa County Fire Protection District (CCCFPD) arrived at the crash site, including Jeff Burris, one of the CCCFPD Battalion Chiefs. Following the accident, Deer Valley Road traffic was only briefly interrupted. The scene was completely cleared a half hour later.
Two Major Factors in Rollover Accidents
You may believe that most rollover accidents are caused by excessive speeding, inexperienced drivers, and poor driving conditions. On the contrary, the majority of rollover accidents are actually caused by driver error and vehicle condition.
- Driver error – Rollovers are not limited to inexperienced drivers, so you should never get too comfortable when you are behind the wheel. More than 90% of rollovers are evoked by another situation first, i.e. there is usually a prior risky event that leads to an overturned car. Together, drowsiness and distracted driving are a factor in 20% of rollover accidents. In other words, attentive driving behaviors can prevent a big portion of rollovers.
- Car condition – In a study by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, it was revealed that more than half of rollover car wrecks involved a car with a brake defect or some other internal problem.
More by Brentwood Personal Injury Lawyer, Ed Smith:
- Brentwood Driver Crashes into Utility Pole
- Reasons for Truck Rollover Accidents
- Brentwood Crash Injures Three
Brentwood Car Accident & Injury Attorney
I’m Ed Smith, I’m a Brentwood Injury Attorney. If you have been involved in a rollover accident – or any other type of motor vehicle accident – you may be distressed by the process of rehabilitation, sky-high medical bills, and being unable to go to work. Call me today for free and friendly advice by dialing (925)-428-5220 or my toll-free number (800)-404-5400. You can also write to me at www.autoaccident.com.
I am thrilled to be one of the trial lawyers that stands with the Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
Photo Attribution: Author Jeshoots via StockSnap.
:jf [cs 639] cv