Boy Seriously Injured in Antelope Crash
- On Tuesday, January 19, 2016, a 13-year-old boy was seriously injured when he was hit by a speeding car.
- This happened as the boy was being dropped off at his grandmother’s house in Antelope.
- The victim’s mom had just let her son out of the family vehicle when he was struck down and nearly killed.
- Neighbors said the boy’s mother watched in helpless horror as her son was hit by the vehicle.
- Paramedics arrived on the scene and transported the seriously injured boy to the hospital.
- According to California Highway Patrol (CHP), this Antelope car accident happened after a motorist tried to escape officers.
- Officers were attempting to pull the motorist over. The car sped off instead of stopping for officers.
- The car then hit the 13-year-old boy while driving aggressively to avoid being stopped by officers.
- Officers drove up on the scene of this horrific accident and arrested both occupants of the vehicle.
- The driver that was arrested lives in the area of the crash.
- Neighbors indicated they have seen him driving erratically through the community in the past.
CHP indicated this was not a Vehicle Pursuit
To our eyes, this appears to be a vehicle pursuit. However, the CHP has indicated it was not a vehicle pursuit. Unfortunately, California law gives undue protection to police vehicles in this situation. The 13-year-old boy was an innocent victim in this senseless tragedy. Charges will soon be filed against the driver of the car that hit and seriously injured this child.
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorists
Few people are aware that in cases such as this one if the driver who hit the boy is not adequately insured, the mom’s auto insurance’s Uninsured/Under-Insured Motorist Protection (UM) coverage is likely applicable.
Where did this crash occur?
- Redwater Drive and Sycamore Glen Way, Antelope, California (Sacramento County)
What is the Condition of the Child?
The victim’s family told KCRA3 News that the boy suffered traumatic injuries to his legs. He underwent surgery to repair injuries. He may also need another surgery to repair his jaw which was also injured in this tragic crash.
Ed Smith is one of the Top Personal injury Lawyers
Accidents involving traumatic injuries can be devastating and life-altering for all involved. If you or your loved has been involved in a serious Antelope car accident, it is important that you consult with an experienced Antelope Traumatic Injury Attorney right away. Rehabilitation after traumatic injuries can take a long time. Having a personal injury lawyer on your side allows you and your loved one to focus on the healing process. Your personal injury lawyer handles the legal aspects of your accident and claim for damages.
I’m Ed Smith, a Personal Lawyer in Antelope. I’ve been assisting children and adults for more than three decades with their traumatic injury claims. I have developed the primary accident and injury information site available on the web: www.AutoAccident.com.
Call Ed Smith Right Away
To properly protect your rights and receive fair compensation for your injuries it is important to call a personal injury attorney right away. Critical evidence may be lost or destroyed with the passage of time. Please call me now at (916) 921-6400, or toll-free at (800) 404-5400 for free, friendly advice.
Check our Client Reviews and Past Verdicts and Settlements
It’s always a smart decision to check client reviews for businesses you plan to utilize.
Currently a member of Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
To view our verdicts and settlements page, click here.
- CHP_Police_Interceptor_Utility_Vehicle.jpg Wikimedia Commons Public Domain Images
- Edward A Smith, Edward A Smith Law Offices, autoaccident.com
- KCRA3 News 1/19/2016 11:00 p.m. broadcast
- KCRA3 News: Teen walking on Antelope sidewalk hit by driver-chp