Yolo County Crash Involves Amazon Prime Truck
A crash in Yolo County in the afternoon hours of August 31 between an Amazon Prime delivery truck and a white-colored pickup resulted in major injuries to five adults and two children. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) in Yolo County were at the scene. They reported that three of the individuals were transported to a medical facility by helicopter due to the serious nature of their injuries. The Yolo County accident occurred at the intersection of Highway 99 and County Road 99 West. The pickup was carrying watermelons as it headed west on Yolo County Line Road when it failed to yield to the gray Amazon Prime truck heading south on Highway 99 West. At this time, an investigation into the reason for the collision is underway. There is no mention of whether drugs or alcohol were involved. Amazon has issued a statement expressing its concern for those involved in the accident and their loved ones. The company assured the community that they would work with police during the investigation.
How an Attorney Can Help in a Yolo County Accident
It is important to determine why an accident happened so that the question of negligence can be resolved. This is critical to obtaining the compensation you deserve. In order to do that, our law firm dispatches an investigative team to the accident site where they scour the area for evidence and interview witnesses. We also review police reports for accuracy and obtain video footage that may have captured the accident as it happened. This can come from traffic cameras at the intersection or from local businesses in the area. Once this data is accumulated, our investigative team hands it over to our lawyers who structure a case against the at-fault driver. We are then able to use this to negotiate with insurance companies or file a personal injury case in civil court
Intersection Accidents in Yolo County
Intersection accidents are some of the most common and damaging crashes that can happen. This is largely due to the complicated nature of an intersection where multiple streets intersect. Some of the more common reasons for intersection accidents are:
- Speeding is a major factor in an intersection crash. This makes it difficult for the driver to stop in time when another vehicle enters their path.
- Running a red light frequently occurs as some drivers are in a hurry to deliver a load of cargo or just reach their destination. The motorists in such cases may not heed the warning message of a yellow light and are unable to stop when the light turns red.
- Inclement weather can also take its toll at intersections. The slick roads can make it harder to stop, especially when a motorist is traveling at a higher rate of speed.
- Road rage may cause a driver to speed through an intersection, ignoring red or yellow lights. This is due to the driver’s erroneous belief that they own the road.
- Drunk driving can cause cognitive dysfunction that impairs the driver’s movement through an intersection.
- Distracted driving can cause a motorist to be unaware of a changing light or other vehicles, pedestrians, or cyclists in the intersection.
When a Company Truck Is Involved in an Accident
If a truck owned by a company such as Amazon or a private citizen causes an accident, it is important to have a firm grasp of liability issues. If the truck driver was at fault for the accident, the company that employs them is also responsible for any damages. Conversely, if the driver of a passenger vehicle failed to obey the rules of the road, they can be found negligent and obligated to compensate an injured party. This is part of what our firm does, from our initial sweep of an accident site to presenting the case in civil court. We are mindful of the defendant’s duty to compensate our client and work hard to make sure that this compensation is appropriate. We believe that no one should have to pay for another person’s negligence.
Sacramento Truck Accident Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Sacramento truck accident lawyer. If you are injured in Yolo County or here in Sacramento, you have the right to be compensated for your injuries. Call me at (916) 912-6400 or (800) 404-5400 for free and friendly advice. You can also reach me online.
I am a member of the following organizations:
- The Million Dollar Advocates: This is a forum that invites lawyers to join who have won more than $1 million for a client.
- The National Association of Distinguished Counsel: This organization includes only those attorneys who provide the highest level of legal excellence to clients.
Learn more about my practice on the following pages:
Photo Attribution: https://www.pexels.com/photo/photo-of-ams-helicopter-in-flight-1549308/
:cd llo [cs 825]