Woman Killed in Sacramento Car Accident Identified
I’m Ed Smith, a Sacramento car accident lawyer. In an update to an auto accident that happened on April 2, 2018, the elderly deceased woman has been identified as Margarita Millare, 85, and a resident of Elk Grove.
I want to extend my prayers and sympathy to the victim and her family during this difficult time.
The accident occurred shortly before 2:00 p.m. at the intersection of Calvine and Vineyard Roads. Millare was riding as a passenger in the back seat of a Toyota that had passed through a red light, striking a Honda that was in the intersection legally and in the process of making a left turn, according to the California Highway Patrol (CHP).
Injuries Caused by the Crash
Several others involved in the crash, including the driver of the Honda, suffered injuries as a result of the accident. A CHP spokesperson said that the driver of the Toyota was believed to be Millare’s daughter, while a front seat passenger who was also injured was likely Millare’s husband. The 35-year-old driver of the Honda had been traveling with her three minor children at the time of the accident. While the Honda driver was transported to a hospital with pain in the abdomen and moderate injuries, her children were not injured in the collision.
Crashes at Intersections
Intersections are one of the most hazardous places when it comes to auto accidents. According to the American Automobile Association, 40 percent of all types of car accidents happen at an intersection. Some of the following reasons may contribute to an intersection accident:
- Distracted driving such as eating, talking with passengers or texting while driving contributes to intersection accidents.
- Age may be a factor in some crashes due to a younger person’s inexperience, hesitation or inadequate surveillance.
- Obstructed views may contribute to crashes since the driver does not always have a clear vision of other traffic. This may include trees, shrubs or other larger vehicles impeding the view. In addition to road defects, government entities are responsible for the maintenance of trees and the like to keep views at intersections clear.
- Speeding contributes to accidents as a driver approaches a yellow light and starts through when the light is ready to turn red.
- Falsely assuming the movement of another driver may also cause crashes.
- Disobeying traffic signals such as running through a stop sign or red light is the leading cause of traffic accidents at intersections.
Determining Fault in an Intersection Accident
A personal injury lawyer experienced in handling intersection accidents can compile a strong case for fair compensation for serious injuries or a wrongful death that occurs through negligence. This is done by using accident reconstructionists and expert witnesses in addition to accident reports, witness accounts and other information. In this way, the person who was injured can be compensated for medical bills, lost time at work and the pain and suffering that accompanies an accident injury. While obtaining compensation for an injury or loss of a family member does not help emotionally, it does take away the stress of the financial loss.
- Dangerous Intersections in Sacramento County – City of Sacramento
- Why Intersections Can Be Dangerous
- Experts Involved in Serious Intersection Accidents
Car Accident Lawyer in Sacramento
I’m Ed Smith, a Sacramento car accident lawyer. Intersection accident injuries or deaths that occur at an intersection because of someone’s negligence can be compensated. If you were injured or lost a loved one, call me at (916) 921-6400 for free, friendly and compassionate advice. I can also be reached toll-free at (800) 404-5400.
I am a Million Dollar Forum member. This forum only allows trial lawyers to join who have a proven record of $1 million in client verdicts or settlements.
Find reviews and comments by former clients at:
Photo Attribution: https://pixabay.com/en/technology-police-car-roof-2500010/
:cd cha [cs 679] cv