Accident on I-80 Near Enterprise Boulevard Results in Minor Injuries
A two-vehicle collision on a West Sacramento freeway on June 30 resulted in minor injuries. The accident was reported around 7:42 a.m. at westbound Interstate 80 east of the off-ramp at Enterprise Boulevard. A report issued by the California Highway Patrol (CHP) stated that the crash involved a truck and a Nissan van.
Both Vehicles Towed Due to Damage From the Collision
Both vehicles sustained enough damage from the crash that they had to be towed from the scene. The number two lane was blocked as the scene was cleared and an investigation conducted by the CHP into the cause. The lanes reopened around half an hour later.
Causes of a Two-Vehicle Collision on a Highway
Highway crashes are common and often only involve two vehicles. There are many ways an accident of this type can occur, including:
- A driver starts to switch lanes without checking their rear-view mirror for other traffic or neglecting to use their turn signal.
- A speeding motorist doesn’t notice the car in front is slowing down, perhaps to take the next exit, and rear-ends their vehicle.
- A drunk driver is too intoxicated to control their vehicle, and their poor reflexes, ability to track with their eyes and lack of cognitive reasoning lead to a two-vehicle collision.
- The fatigued driver isn’t alert enough to monitor other traffic and is too tired to safely drive. These motorists can fall asleep behind the wheel or drift into another lane without noticing, causing an accident.
- Lack of proper roadway maintenance can cause or contribute to a two-vehicle collision. From potholes and upheavals in the pavement to poor overhead lighting, obstructed or poorly placed signage and other problems, when it causes an accident injury, a claim may be placed against the government entity in charge. Because the time limit for filing against a government entity is merely six months, enlisting the help of an injury lawyer can be a good decision. The lawyer can negotiate for you with the government agency and ensure the paperwork is filed in a timely manner.
Determining the Cause of a Two-Vehicle Collision
There are many factors to consider when investigating an accident. However, it is necessary to determine what caused a two-vehicle collision in order to determine fault and for an innocent, injured person to recover fair compensation. Over the years, our law firm has successfully handled many such accidents.
At AutoAccident.com, we have the tenacity, hard work ethic and legal acumen to bring your injury case to a successful conclusion. Because we are injury lawyers, our clients owe us nothing until we’ve won their case. We offer a free consultation in which we review your case, can answer any questions you may have and will tell you about possible options to recover compensation.
Recoverable Compensation Following an Accident Caused By Negligence
Recoverable compensation in a personal injury claim involves all of your medical expenses related to your accident, wages you lost because you were unable to work and recuperation of damages for your pain and suffering. Call today to see how we can help you.
West Sacramento Personal Injury Lawyer
I am Ed Smith, a West Sacramento Personal Injury Lawyer. When you’ve suffered injuries in a traffic crash caused by another driver, you may want to find out if you can recover compensation. You can call our injury lawyers at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400 for free and friendly advice on whether you can file a claim. If you prefer, you can also contact us online.
Our injury lawyers have helped many people in obtaining the compensation they deserve over the years, as you can see in the following:
:cd llo