Redding Vehicle Crash Seriously Injures Pedestrian on Trinity Street
An unhoused woman who served in the military suffered severe injuries recently after she was involved in a Redding vehicle crash. The woman, Sandra Campbell, age 62, was crossing at the Trinity Street intersection with Market Street in the downtown area around 10:00 p.m. when she was hit by a vehicle, according to the Redding Police Department. Campbell says the walk signal was on when the accident happened.
Woman Seeks Help From the Public Following Redding Vehicle Crash
The injured pedestrian sustained broken hips, pelvis and a fracture to her hand as a result. Information was not provided on the vehicle that struck the pedestrian. Homeless for around 13 years, she and her son, who is also unhoused, are seeking help so she can obtain rehabilitative care. The woman said she had not received medical care for about 10 years. A gofundme site has been set up by her son to help her obtain needed items and pay her medical bills.
Major Injury Pedestrian Accident Causes
It is common for a negligent motorist to be the cause of a Redding vehicle crash involving a pedestrian. Pedestrian accidents are caused by a variety of factors, including:
- Many pedestrian accidents occur as a result of speeding. When speeding, the driver has less control over their vehicle and needs more time to stop.
- Distracted driving is a leading cause of accidents of all types. Pedestrian accidents are more likely to occur when drivers are texting, looking at their controls, or distracted in other ways.
- Intoxicated and fatigued driving is equally dangerous. Drivers who have been drinking can have similar reactions behind the wheel of a vehicle as those who are fatigued, leading to pedestrian accidents that result in serious injuries.
- A pedestrian is at risk of getting harmed due to intoxicated driving or substance abuse. In addition to having problems with reflexes, drunk drivers have difficulty focusing, cannot judge distances, and even have difficulty staying in their own lane.
Compensation for Pedestrian Accidents
A pedestrian who has suffered injuries may pursue compensation from a responsible driver or another party in the following manner:
- A pedestrian who has been injured in an accident may be able to recover all of the medical expenses associated with that accident, including hospitalization, ambulance transportation, tests, surgeries, physician’s bills, and rehabilitation.
- Those injured can recover wages they lost due to their inability to work.
- A lawsuit can be filed to get damages for the physical pain, suffering, emotional and psychological trauma they suffered.
If you’re considering hiring or consulting with a lawyer, look over these tips from accident attorney Ed Smith:
Redding Pedestrian Accident Attorney
I’m Ed Smith, a Redding pedestrian accident lawyer. A pedestrian whom a negligent driver injures has the right to recover compensation to pay their medical costs, for lost wages, and to reimburse them for their pain and suffering. When your trauma is due to the negligence of a motorist, you might want to consider filing a lawsuit for compensation. (530) 392-9400 or (800) 404-5400 is the number you can call to get free and friendly advice from our injury lawyers. You can also contact us online.
In addition to being Million Dollar Advocates, we are also members of the Top 1 Percent. Our accident attorneys have been serving Northern California residents since 1982, helping the injured recover fair compensation for all types of traffic collisions. Check out Yelp and Google reviews and our Verdicts and Settlements page for more information on how we’ve helped others.
:cd  cha