UM Insurance in Hit and Run Cases

UM (Uninsured Motorist) insurance is most always available in Hit and Run Accidents.

A pedestrian was killed in a hit and run collision involving early Monday Morning in Sacramento.

A woman pushing a shopping cart near the intersection of Arden Way and Maple Glen road
was struck by a black SUV as she crossed into the westbound slow lane.

The SUV struck her at an unknown speed and failed to stop, driving away from the scene west on Arden.

The woman, whose identity remains to be confirmed, died at the scene.

The CHP is looking for anyone with any information regarding the crash. The CHP can be reached at
(916) 348-2300.

Victims or the heirs of victims of a hit and run driver no doubt are left in shock and with many unanswered questions. One of those questions might be, is there any available insurance in hit and run cases? The answer is yes, victims or their heirs can be partially compensated for their loss if they have their own auto insurance and uninsured motorist coverage.

If you or a loved one have been the victim of a hit and run driver in an automobile accident, the assistance of an
experienced personal injury attorney is invaluable in determining whether there is insurance coverage available to
help compensate for your loss. I’m Ed Smith. I’ve has been practicing personal injury law and specializing in uninsured motorist cases for thirty years. Call me anytime at 916-921-6400.

I am a member of Million Dollar Forum, an association of National personal injury lawyers who have multiple Million Dollar Verdicts and settlements.

I want you to feel comfortable working with my office and staff. I invite you to see what others say about their experience with our office on Yelp, Avvo and Google.

Contact Information