Two Vehicles Exit the Cap City Freeway After Colliding
Two vehicles experienced a run-off-road accident on the Cap City Freeway on September 7 after colliding. The collision occurred just north of the eastbound El Camino Avenue on-ramp around 10:00 a.m. One of the vehicles landed in front of a nearby business after striking a parked car and a moving Honda sedan.
Power Out in Area of Collision
A SMUD box was also struck, and 140 feet of chain link fence was damaged. The reporting person stated that the power was out in the area, although they didn’t know if it was a result of the traffic collision. A witness to the accident said that one vehicle struck the other on purpose, however, that determination will be made by the responding police.
Run-Off-Road Accident Causes Minor Injuries
The California Highway Patrol (CHP) stated that the lights were flashing on the on-ramp from S.R. 51. They also contacted SMUD to send a crew out to repair the electricity. Only minor injuries were reported in the run-off-road accident.
Run-Off-Road Accident Being Investigated to Determine Fault
Both vehicles were towed from the scene. It is under investigation to determine exactly how the collision occurred and to place fault against the negligent driver.
Causes of a Run-Off-Road Accident
There are many reasons why run-off-road accidents occur, and these types of collisions often result in serious injuries or fatalities. Driver negligence or inattention can cause a run-off-road crash for several reasons, including:
- Distracted driving can lead to a run-off-road accident such as looking at GPS, texting or changing the radio station.
- Losing control of the car and exiting the roadway can occur as a result of speeding.
- Drivers under the influence of alcohol or drugs may react slowly and go off the road because they are unable to handle the vehicle safely.
- Fatigued drivers may fall asleep at the wheel and end up exiting the roadway.
- In rare circumstances, a driver may intentionally ram another vehicle, causing a run-off-road accident.
Placing an Injury Claim Against a Driver Who Intentionally Causes an Accident
Although most personal injury claims are made because of a driver who was negligent and caused a collision, they may also be placed against one who intentionally hit you. In addition, there does not have to be a criminal conviction to place a claim. However, if the at-fault person is convicted, that evidence can be used in court to support your compensation claim.
What Can Be Recovered in a Personal Injury Claim?
Accidents often cause injuries that can be serious, resulting in hospitalization and high medical costs. In addition to the medical expenses, the injured party may lose time at work or end up taking a paid vacation or sick leave because of their accident. It is difficult enough to suffer an injury caused by someone else. In a personal injury claim, the following is recoverable:
- All medical costs caused by the accident can be recovered, including hospitalization, physicians’ bills and physical therapy afterward. Your accident attorney can help you gather all those costs, so you will not be burdened by this financial drain.
- Wages lost because of the inability to work are recoverable. If you end up having to take a lower-paying job because of your accident or become permanently disabled, these costs are factored in.
- Pain and suffering include not only the physical portion but your emotional and psychological trauma such as post-traumatic stress disorder.
Car Accident Attorney in Sacramento
I am Ed Smith, a car accident attorney in Sacramento. When someone causes you harm, either through negligence or intentionally, you may want to consider filing a personal injury claim to recover damages. To find out more, call us for free and friendly advice at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. An online contact form is also available.
Belonging to the following groups is an honor for us:
Additional information about how our injury lawyers assisted others in getting the compensation they deserve after suffering an accident injury can be found below:
Photo attribution: Image by Vladyslav Topyekha from Pixabay
:cd llo