One Person Injured in Accident on Madison Avenue Entrance Ramp
A two-vehicle crash in Sacramento on November 16 closed down traffic on an entrance ramp and injured one person. The collision happened along eastbound I-80 on the eastbound Madison Avenue entrance ramp shortly before 10:00 a.m. Officials with the California Highway Patrol (CHP) reported that Sac Fire emergency responders were called to assess injuries to at least one person.
Minor Injuries Reported in Sacramento Crash
One patient was transported to Mercy San Juan Medical Center for what were described as minor injuries. At least one of the vehicles had to be towed from the scene. The two-vehicle crash is under investigation by the CHP to find out why it occurred and to assign fault.
Causes of a Two-Vehicle Crash
Entrance and exit ramps on highways are a major cause of accidents. Around half of these accidents are caused at highway exit ramps, and 36 percent occur on entrance ramps. Sixteen percent happen either around the midpoint on a ramp or on those that connect with two freeways. The most common types of ramp accidents are:
- Run-off-road collisions: These accidents are the most common and can usually be attributed to a driver who is speeding. Accidents of this type commonly occur during the nighttime hours, during bad weather, or in sections of the ramp that are curved.
- Sideswipes: Unsafe lane changes are usually responsible for sideswipe accidents. They can happen when a driver attempts to change lanes either without looking for a vehicle next to them or missing seeing one due to a blind spot.
- Rear-end accidents: Distracted driving is what contributes to most rear-end accidents. The driver may be thinking of something other than driving, texting, talking on a cell phone, or other behaviors.
When someone is injured in an accident caused by another individual or entity, it must be proven that negligence was involved in order to place a compensation claim. The way it is proved is by gathering evidence. Our investigative team works hard to collect all the evidence in a case, which supports our client’s claim. In this way, they may receive compensation that will pay all of their medical costs, wages lost because they could not work and for their pain and suffering. Areas that are investigated for evidence include:
- The investigators review the police report to ensure that it is accurate.
- Witnesses to the accident are interviewed because their statements may corroborate our client’s compensation claim.
- Accident reconstruction is performed. It can show how the accident occurred and point to fault.
- Nearby traffic and road cameras are reviewed to see if they captured the collision on video. This compelling evidence is accepted and used by both insurance companies and in civil court cases.
- In the event government negligence led to the accident, the investigators search for it too. Poor ramp design, debris in the road, bad lighting, and other factors can lead to an accident. However, because the timeline for filing against a government entity is much different, having the help of an experienced injury lawyer is necessary to ensure paperwork is completed correctly and filed within the statute of limitations.
Car Accident Lawyer in Sacramento
My name is Ed Smith, and I’m a car accident lawyer in Sacramento. Contact me for free and friendly advice if a negligent driver or entity caused your injury. I can be reached at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. An online contact form is available also if you prefer to message me.
Our experienced injury lawyers have helped many Northern Californians over the years with obtaining the compensation they deserve for traffic accidents, wrongful deaths, government claims, and traumatic injuries.
I am a California member of the following groups:
Having information about a law firm and how they have helped others can help a person injured through negligence in deciding who to call for advice. You can find information about mine below:
Photo Attribution: https://www.pexels.com/photo/ambulance-architecture-building-business-263402/
:cd llo [cs 697]