Two-Vehicle Crash on S.R. 65 Injures Motorcycle Rider
A Roseville motorcycle rider was hospitalized on April 26 following a two-vehicle crash. The accident occurred along southbound S.R. 65 just north of the eastbound Pleasant Grove Road on-ramp around 5:59 p.m. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) reported the accident blocked the number one lane, and the rider was found in the center divider.
Motorcyclist Transported to Hospital With Injuries
A tow truck was required to remove the motorcycle. Medics with the Roseville Fire Department transported the injured rider to Sutter Roseville Medical Center. The extent of injuries was not reported. No information was given on whether the driver involved in the collision remained at the scene. An investigation is underway by the CHP to determine the accident’s cause.
Motorcycle Accident Causes in a Two-Vehicle Crash
Due to their lack of protection, motorcyclists are at risk of serious injuries. An accident involving a motor vehicle causes thousands of injuries every year. The rider may, however, sue for fair compensation if the other motorist is at fault. Motorcycle accidents occur for a variety of reasons, including:
- Turning in front of a motorcycle: This is the most common cause of motorcycle accidents. A vehicle approaching you can be challenging to judge. Other drivers assume that the motorcyclist will slow down to avoid a collision.
- Backing accidents: It is negligent for a motorist to back out of a driveway without checking for traffic. This is a common cause of motorcycle accidents.
- Stopping short: Motorcyclists can crash into motorists when they suddenly slow down or stop, causing them to strike the back of their vehicle. It is common for the rider to be thrown from the bike, which can result in serious injuries.
- Lane-splitting: Despite being legal in California, lane-splitting can be dangerous. Motorists who change lanes without checking their blind spot for motorcycle riders risk causing serious motorcycle accidents.
What a Lawyer Can Do For You
Injured people may claim compensation when injured by negligent drivers or other entities. In addition to paying for their medical expenses, an accident attorney could help you receive maximum compensation for pain and suffering and recover lost wages. A personal injury attorney can collect the evidence needed to support a personal injury claim. If the negligent party pays for an injured motorcyclist’s medical expenses and other losses, they can focus on healing rather than worrying about how they will pay their bills.
Investigation in a Two-Vehicle Crash
Investigations into motorcycle crashes are similar to other types of traffic accidents. Among other things, investigators perform the following:
- A defect examination is conducted on the motorcycle. A product liability claim can be filed against the manufacturer if they are found to have caused the accident.
- Surveillance cameras are examined in the area to determine if the motorcycle accident was captured on film.
- An error check is performed on the police report, and witnesses are questioned.
- Reconstruction of the accident can reveal faults.
- We look for signs of government negligence, like malfunctioning lights, obscured signage, and potholes. Government entities may be liable for injuries sustained in accidents such as these.
Roseville Personal Injury Lawyer
I am Ed Smith. I’m a Roseville personal injury lawyer. When a negligent motorist has injured you, you might be able to place a claim for compensation. If you would like free, friendly advice, please call us at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. Our online contact form can be accessed if that is more convenient for you.
As members of these organizations, it is an honor to be a part of:
Check out these links to see how our injury lawyers helped others:
Photo attribution: Image by Albrecht Fietz from Pixabay
:cd llo