Two Vehicle Crash on Pope Avenue Causes Injuries
I’m Ed Smith, a Sacramento car accident, and personal injury lawyer. Two vehicles involved in a motor vehicle crash on Pope Avenue in the Del Paso area of Sacramento happened recently, resulting in the injury of one person. The accident occurred northwest of the Del Paso Country Club.
The accident took place just west of Watt Avenue when a Mazda collided with a Nissan at about 12:30 in the afternoon, according to a representative of the California Highway Patrol (CHP). Fortunately, the airbags in the vehicles deployed during the collision, which helped reduce the injuries. The driver of one of the cars suffered chest pain as a result of the crash, so an officer with the CHP requested an ambulance to see to those injuries. It is unknown at this time whether the individual was hospitalized or which vehicle was at fault in the crash.
Chest Injuries in a Motor Vehicle Accident
Chest trauma commonly occurs in car accidents, particularly in those who are riding in the front seat. The driver may be subject to impact with the steering wheel, while any front-seat passengers may collide with the dash. Chest injuries may range from mild to severe, requiring emergency medical treatment. Following are chest injuries that may be caused by a motor vehicle accident:
- Cracked, bruised or broken ribs can occur. As more bones fracture, it weakens the structure of the other ribs and can cause additional fractures.
- Damage to the lungs such as bruising or pneumothorax can occur. Pneumothorax is where the air is trapped between the lung and body cavity, so the individual has trouble breathing.
- Damage to the trachea can cause problems with swallowing or breathing as well as speaking.
- Pain in the chest wall can interfere with arm or shoulder movement.
- The sternum is in the front of the chest. An injury to the sternum can also damage the esophagus, heart or blood vessels.
Recovering Financial Compensation for a Chest Injury
In the event a serious injury occurs to the chest, it may require extensive medical treatment, which can result in high medical bills and an extended amount of time away from work. Besides diagnostic testing such as CT scans and X-rays, surgery may be necessary to repair the damage. When a chest injury was caused due to a negligent driver, the injured person may want to obtain compensation for those injuries to cover the following expenses:
- Medical expenses: Costs for medical care include hospitalization, visits to your physician or specialists, including the trips to and from those appointments. It also includes the cost of medical tests, rehabilitation, prescriptions and out-of-pocket expenses.
- Lost wages for the time you are out of work are covered, along with any other money you would have received on the job such as bonuses. Those who are self-employed can also claim lost wages.
- Disfigurement: If you have scarring or suffered other unsightly marks due to your accident, you can obtain compensation for them.
- Pain and suffering: This covers a wide range of noneconomic damages such as loss of consortium, physical pain and damage to your personal relationships with your spouse and children.
Sacramento Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Sacramento car accident, and personal injury lawyer. Chest injuries in a motor vehicle accident can be frightening and severe. If you or someone you love was injured by the negligent actions of another driver, I can help by offering you friendly and free legal advice. Just call me at (916) 921-6400 here in Sacramento or (800) 404-5400 if you live outside the area.
Look over feedback from some of my clients at:
I’m proud to belong to Million Dollar Advocates, a forum established for trial lawyers with a proven record of client case settlements and trial verdicts of $1 million.
I’ve practiced law in Northern California for more than 36 years, helping Sacramento residents and those from surrounding areas to get fair compensation for their traumatic injury claims and cases of wrongful death.
Go to our Verdicts and Settlements web page to see more of our case results.
Photo Attribution: https://pixabay.com/en/headlamp-accident-auto-blue-broken-2940/
:cd bw [cs 746] cv