Two Injured in Stockton Motorcycle Accident
Two parties were injured in a Stockton motorcycle accident on the morning of April 30, 2019. The incident occurred shortly after 6:30 a.m. in the area of Walker Lane and Main Street. A Ford pickup was headed westbound along Main Street while a Suzuki motorcycle was traveling eastbound. For unknown reasons, the truck and the bike collided head-on. The driver of the Ford suffered minor injuries. It is unknown whether the Ford motorist was hospitalized for their injuries. The rider of the Suzuki was transported to the hospital for treatment of serious injuries. An update regarding the condition of the biker has not yet been released by the California Highway Patrol (CHP).
Common Injuries in a Stockton Motorcycle Accident
After a motorcycle accident, it is critical for a rider to seek medical care regardless of how minor the injuries may seem. Road rash is commonly suffered in a motorcycle crash due to a rider falling and skinning their arms and knees. If treatment is not sought immediately, permanent damage such as nerve damage, infections, and skin irritations may develop. Bone fractures are also sustained in these types of collisions and often result in disfigurement or permanent disability. Traumatic brain injuries and limb amputations are among the most catastrophic injuries a rider can suffer in a crash. Those who survive these injuries are often left permanently disabled and require long-term assisted care.
Types of Damages in a Motorcycle Accident
Damages in a personal injury claim are designed to compensate an injured individual for the losses they have suffered after an accident. There are two types of recoverable damages in these cases, economic and noneconomic. Economic damages include losses that are easily quantifiable while noneconomic damages compensate an injured person for the intangible harms they have experienced. These include:
- Costs of travel to and from medical appointments based on calculated mileage
- Disfigurement, including costs of cosmetic surgery to correct scarring and humiliation or embarrassment suffered
- Expenses for in-home care to accommodate a permanent disability
- Income, including past wage loss and diminished earning capacity
- Loss of consortium with the spouse, including sexual dysfunction and the inability to conceive children
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Medical expenses, both incurred in the past and future
- Mental suffering and emotional distress
- Pain and suffering, including depression and post-traumatic stress disorder
To learn more about the types of recoverable damages in a motorcycle collision case, watch the below video.
Collecting Evidence After a Motorcycle Crash
Proving the negligence of a motorist that is responsible for a crash is necessary to recover personal injury damages. Some of the evidence that can be compiled to help build a case include:
- Photographs of the crash site, including the road itself, road signs and weather or road conditions
- Interviews with eyewitnesses
- Forensic inspection of the scene looking for pavement damage, tire tracks, and skid marks
- Traffic collision reports
- Images of the damaged property and injured area
- Reports by medical professionals that list the type and extent of trauma
Why Should I Hire a Lawyer?
The types of expenses which should be reimbursed in a personal injury claim will depend on the specific facts and circumstances of the case. An experienced Stockton personal injury attorney can help compile the necessary evidence to recover compensation for all damages incurred. This way, the injured person can focus on recovering from their injuries without having to worry about filing legal documents and dealing with insurance companies.
Stockton Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Stockton personal injury lawyer. A motorcycle accident can result in catastrophic injuries, many of which are life-threatening or permanent. If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident caused by the negligence of another person, retaining an experienced lawyer is essential to ensure you receive the compensation you need to cover your losses. Please call me at (209) 227-1931 or toll-free at (800) 404-5400 to receive my free, friendly case advice.
Reading client reviews for lawyers can help you evaluate and choose a reputable attorney. Our client ratings and comments are listed on:
As a member of the Million Dollar Advocates, I join other trial attorneys in this forum who have won over $1 million for a client through a settlement or verdict. I am also a member of the National Association of Distinguished Counsel. This organization awards membership to less than one percent of lawyers practicing in the country who provide their clients with legal excellence.
Visit our Verdicts and Settlements page for a list of past case results we have obtained on behalf of our clients.
:ds llo [cs 780]