Two Cars Involved in Stockton Truck Accident
Two cars were involved in a Stockton truck accident on the afternoon of August 1, 2019. The incident occurred around 1:30 p.m. along southbound Interstate 5 at Country Club Boulevard. A big rig and two cars were involved in the crash. Traffic in the area was backed up to Benjamin Holt Drive while the accident was being cleared. Details regarding any injuries suffered in the collision were not immediately available.
What to Do After a Stockton Truck Accident
Being involved in a truck accident may be stressful. It may leave you unsure of what to do next. Since these crashes are often challenging and involve many parties and factors, it may be best to seek the assistance of an experienced Stockton truck accident lawyer. An attorney can guide you through the claims process. Moreover, follow these steps to protect your legal rights after a trucking collision:
- Stop and Report the Truck Accident: California law requires anyone who has been involved in a car wreck to remain at the scene of the crash. Call the police to have a traffic collision report taken at the scene and request a copy of it when it is ready. Also, contact 911 immediately if someone has suffered injuries or has passed away.
- Seek Medical Treatment: Receiving medical attention after a trucking collision is essential, whether you are severely injured or not. If you are not taken to the hospital or receive treatment at the scene of the accident, schedule an appointment with your doctor promptly. Do not miss any scheduled medical appointments or allow gaps in treatment. This may affect your ability to pursue damages later.
- Exchange Information with Other Parties Involved: It is critical to exchange contact information with other people involved in the truck crash. Once they leave, it may be challenging to track them down. Be sure to write down the driver’s name, driver’s license information, and insurance policy information. Also, be sure to write down the license numbers for the truck and other vehicles involved in the crash.
- Check for Witnesses: Having a witness statement for a truck crash can make the difference in proving your claim. Ask for their contact information just in case they need to be contacted later to testify.
- Document the Crash: Use a phone or camera to take photos of the trucking accident. This can be used as evidence to prove the amount of damage to your car and other information needed. If you suffered injuries, also take pictures of your injuries as well. This can be used to help substantiate your personal injury claim.
- Contact a Stockton Personal Injury Attorney: You may be contacted by an insurance claims adjuster after the trucking crash. When this happens, only discuss the property damage portion of your claim. Anything you say to the adjuster about your injuries may be used against you. This is why it is best to contact an experienced attorney before reaching out to the insurance company. Your lawyer can advise you of what to say and what not to say.
Truck accidents are sometimes caused by driver error on the part of the trucker. To learn how the truck driver and trucking company may be responsible for the incident, watch the below video.
Have Your Case Reviewed by a Stockton Truck Accident Attorney
Accidents involving large commercial trucks often result in catastrophic injuries due to their overwhelming size and weight. Proving negligence and recovering damages in such crashes may be much more complicated. Insurance claims adjusters may use any tactic to limit the amount they pay for a personal injury claim. Enlisting the assistance of an experienced lawyer can make the difference in such cases. An attorney may look for errors on the traffic collision report and collect eyewitness testimony to properly determine liability. An attorney may also hire accident reconstruction experts to search for additional evidence. This way, your lawyer can help you obtain fair compensation for your injuries and losses.
Personal Injury Lawyers in Stockton
I’m Ed Smith, a Stockton personal injury lawyer. When a large commercial truck is involved in a collision with a passenger vehicle, the consequences may prove life-changing for those involved. If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident due to the fault of a truck driver or trucking company, please call me at (209) 227-1931 or toll-free at (800) 404-5400 to receive my free, friendly advice.
Browse our client ratings and comments at:
I am a member of the Million Dollar Advocates. Members who are selected for this forum have obtained over $1 million for a client. I also belong to the National Association of Distinguished Counsel. Members of this group are attorneys who exhibit high standards of legal excellence.
You are invited to look at some of the case results obtained by our law office at our Verdicts and Settlements page.
:ds llo [cs 832]