Accident Occurs When Driver Loses Control on Interstate Entrance Ramp
A traffic fatality occurred in Roseville on the interstate around 5:30 in the morning on March 10. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) arrived at the accident scene along westbound Interstate 80 between the exits for Douglas Boulevard and Riverside Avenue to discover that three vehicles had been involved in the crash. The report on the incident stated that a vehicle going onto the entrance ramp to the freeway lost control and struck another car traveling on the interstate.
Investigation Ongoing Into Traffic Fatality Accident
The collision caused the car that was merging to strike a second vehicle. The driver of the first vehicle, only described as male, died at the accident scene. The drivers of the other two vehicles remained uninjured and cooperated with police as an investigation was conducted into the circumstances of the traffic fatality accident. The accident blocked three lanes, which were reopened around 7:30 a.m.
Seeking Advice Following the Loss of a Loved One
It is always a heartbreaking experience to lose a loved one but even more so when that death occurred due to negligence. When the family is deep in grief and shock, it’s difficult to think about the financial repercussions of that loss. However, thinking about filing for wrongful death can assist the family financially and help avoid the stress of paying unexpected bills. Some of the areas covered by a wrongful death include:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Loss of wages, pension benefits, and insurance the deceased would have provided until their retirement
- Loss of consortium and the love and companionship the deceased provided to his/her spouse
- Loss of inheritance
- Loss of guidance and nurturing to the family’s children
Filing a Lawsuit for Wrongful Death
Over the years, my law office has successfully settled many wrongful death claims. We understand your grief and sense of loss and strongly believe that the family shouldn’t have to face financial stress in addition to their loved one’s death.
Ramp Accident Causes
There are a number of reasons a ramp accident occurs. All of them can have serious consequences due to the congestion and close proximity of other vehicles. Some of the reasons accidents occur on highway ramps are:
- Ramp design: A poorly designed highway ramp may have too little lead-in to access the highway, a sharp curve in it that makes it difficult to navigate or other problems. If design or maintenance prove to be the cause of a traffic fatality or injury, the government entity in charge may be held accountable.
- Driver negligence: A driver who is attempting to merge into highway traffic may run into problems if a motorist already on the road speeds up to prevent the vehicle from entering or changes lanes at the last minute. An investigation into the collision can show if negligence on the roadway is what caused the traffic fatality.
- Sideswipe accidents: A driver who crowds another on an entrance or exit ramp can end up causing a sideswipe accident, which can involve other vehicles and result in a traffic fatality.
- Rear-end crashes: Being rear-ended near the entrance ramp of a highway can push a vehicle into oncoming traffic. This can easily cause a traffic fatality.
Roseville Wrongful Death Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Roseville wrongful death lawyer. When you’ve lost a loved one because of negligence by another driver or entity, the family may be able to file a wrongful death claim. Although it will not ease your sense of grief and loss, it can help with family finances. Call me at (916) 921-6400 or through the long-distance line at (800) 404-5400. You can also contact me by filling out the online form.
You can find helpful information about my law firm at the links that follow:
Attributed photo: https://pixabay.com/photos/candle-light-candlelight-flame-2038736/
:cd llo [cs 701]