Power Inn Road Accident Kills Driver and Injures Two Others
A traffic fatality and multiple injuries were reported in Sacramento on October 20 following a collision that involved several vehicles. The accident occurred close to Power Inn Road, where it intersects with Fruitridge Road at around 11:30 a.m., according to officials from the Sacramento Police Department. The identity of those involved in the accident has not yet been released by authorities.
How the Traffic Fatality Accident Occurred
Police reported that the accident involved a sedan driven by a male, age 21, who was on his way home and who collided with a tow truck. The driver died in the collision, and a passenger in the vehicle was injured and taken to a hospital but will survive. The tow truck driver was also injured and transported to a hospital for injuries described as non-life-threatening. No information was released about a third vehicle struck during the collision.
Facing a Wrongful Death
Losing a loved one is always difficult, but doing so when negligence in a traffic fatality is involved can be overwhelming. Families are often startled and confused at first, trying to understand what happened. This is often followed by anger and grief and a need for justice.
How Family Members and Friends Can Help
When a close friend or a family member loses a loved one, there are things you can do to make this difficult time easier for them. Remember, they and their feelings should be the focus of your actions and thoughts. Here are a few examples:
- Call or visit the family home, and let them know how sorry you are for their loss. For the most part, let them talk and follow their lead. If they are too tired to entertain a visit, understand that you need to allow them to have private time. If they want to talk about the accident or how they are dealing with the loss of a loved one, just listen. That is what they need from you the most.
- Bring prepared meals or take out food to the house. You might call first and see if there are certain foods they can or cannot eat.
- Offer to pick up groceries or prescriptions at the drugstore.
- Ask if you can help out, and mention tasks that you know need to be done, such as walking the dog, mowing the lawn, or picking children up from school.
Determining Why a Tow Truck Accident Occurred
Since there are many reasons a traffic fatality accident can happen other than driver error, our attorneys and investigators at AutoAccident.com help families find out why their loved one died. Not knowing why an accident occurred adds to the trauma a family must face.
What Our Law Firm Can Do
We send our investigators to the crash site with one task – obtain as must information about the accident as possible. They do that by inspecting the area, interviewing witnesses, and using accident reconstruction techniques that can determine liability.
Our investigators also examine the vehicle to see if faulty brakes or defective steering were involved. The accelerator and motor are examined. The investigative team also checks for previous accidents that involved similar circumstances. That is one reason we encourage clients to preserve their vehicle for inspection after an accident. If a defect is involved, a product liability lawsuit can be filed.
How Will a Wrongful Death Lawsuit Help?
A wrongful death lawsuit helps families by:
- Covering funeral and burial expenses
- Obtaining the wages the person would have earned until the age of retirement had they not died
- Obtaining financial compensation for the loss of love, training, and compassion the decedent would have provided
- Recovering the loss of inheritance
- Obtaining the cost of tasks normally performed by the decedent
- Filing a loss of consortium claim
Sacramento Wrongful Death Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Sacramento wrongful death lawyer. Negligent drivers cause the deaths of many people every year. If your loved one died because of a negligent driver, your family might benefit from advice on whether they can file a wrongful death claim. You can contact us for our compassionate, free and friendly advice at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. We can also be reached online.
We are honored to be members of the following groups, which helps illustrate our dedication to our clients:
Having information about a law firm can be helpful when you are looking for advice. This is why we include links to some of the cases we’ve handled in the past and client comments and reviews below:
:cd llo