Major Injury Reported in Two-Vehicle Traffic Crash on State Route 99
An accident involving two vehicles near Yuba City on August 18 resulted in a major injury. The collision happened along northbound State Route 99 just north of Wilson Road at about 11:19 a.m. The accident was reported to the California Highway Patrol (CHP) by a person who had been in an Econovan, which overturned in the collision.
Vehicle May Have Run Red Light, Causing Traffic Crash Major Injury
According to the accident report, the reporting person said another vehicle had caused the crash when they ran a red light. The other vehicle sustained major damage and was towed from the scene. A major injury was reported in the accident, and that patient was taken to a hospital for treatment and additional evaluation. The two-vehicle crash is being investigated by authorities.
T-bone accidents occur when a driver pulls out onto a roadway without looking or runs a stop sign or red light. This type of accident can easily cause a major injury or cause a vehicle to overturn. Because the sides of a passenger vehicle offer less safety protection than the front or rear, injuries are often more severe. Common injuries may include:
- Traumatic brain injuries can result from a T-bone traffic crash. These may range from concussions to hemorrhages, which can leave the injured party hospitalized.
- Back injuries may range from sprains and strains to fractured vertebrae or even spinal cord damage resulting in paralysis.
- Neck injuries are common in all types of traffic accidents. Cervical strain or sprain can occur, affecting not just the neck but causing pain and numbness in the shoulder or arm. Although most cases of cervical strain or sprain heal within a few months, others can become chronic conditions, affecting the injured party’s ability to work.
- Abdominal trauma can be a direct result of the impact by the other vehicle or due to the seat belt. When heavy bruising and pain happen afterward, it could mean internal bleeding or damage to an organ.
- Chest injuries can occur from striking the vehicle’s interior or because of the seat belt or side airbags.
- Broken bones are a common result of a traffic crash. When it is caused by a side impact, the pelvis and upper leg bones may be broken.
When someone has suffered injuries in an accident because of a negligent driver, they have the right to seek compensation. Recoverable damages include all of their medical expenses, the wages they lost from being unable to work and pain and suffering. Accident attorneys such as those in our law firm can help. We offer a free review of your case, either in-person or virtually, will answer whatever questions you have and can inform you of options to recover compensation. You owe us nothing unless your case is won. It’s been shown that those who enlist the help of an injury lawyer often recover two to three times the amount they would doing it alone.
Car Accident Lawyer in Yuba City
I’m Ed Smith, a car accident lawyer in Yuba City. Negligent drivers frequently cause accidents that result in serious trauma with high medical bills and the inability to work. If this happened to you, you might be able to recover compensation. Contact us for our free and friendly advice at (530) 392-9400 or (800) 404-5400. An online form is available to contact us also.
We belong to the following groups, which shows how hard we work to get maximum compensation for our clients:
Reviews from others who have been helped by our injury lawyers and a few of the claims we have handled can be found below:
:cd llo