Dewey Drive Intersection Crash Causes Minor Injuries
Minor injuries were reported in a three-vehicle traffic accident in Carmichael following a crash at an intersection on August 10. The accident occurred at the northeast corner of Dewey Drive and Madison Avenue just before noon. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) reported that it involved a Honda, Jeep and a flat-bed truck, which also crashed into a pole.
Flat-Bed Truck Driver Extricated From Vehicle by Firefighters
The driver of the flat-bed had to be extricated from their vehicle by a crew with Sacramento Metro Fire. One female was transported to Mercy San Juan Medical Center, while the police report stated the individual in the flat-bed truck was also being transported. The traffic accident is being investigated by the CHP to assign fault and discover how it occurred.
Getting Help After a Traffic Accident Injury
An accident attorney can increase your settlement following an injury if you hire them. If you are injured by a big truck, it is important to retain a lawyer who understands state and federal regulations. To support your claim for compensation, we send investigators to the crash site to gather evidence.
Reviewing the police report for errors and speaking with witnesses can provide valuable information. Video evidence may be found on traffic surveillance and business cameras. Furthermore, they examine the driver’s record to see if they violated any rules or made a mistake that contributed to the accident. When our lawyers compile the evidence, they use it to support our client’s claims.
Big Rig Traffic Accident Causes
Truck accidents can be caused by the following factors:
- Maintenance: The owner/operator or trucking company is responsible for the appropriate maintenance of the vehicle. Lack of maintenance can lead to a serious traffic accident.
- Speeding: A truck accident can also be caused by speeding. Speeding may also affect a truck’s cargo if it is not adequately secured, as it makes it harder to stop in time and avoid an accident.
- Fatigued driving: Sleepless nights, long hours working and swing shifts can cause fatigue in drivers. When a trucker becomes overly tired, it can lead to a traffic accident.
- Distracted driving: Texting or talking on a cell phone while driving distracts the driver. This is a recipe for disaster on a busy highway.
- Poorly loaded cargo: Cargo that is poorly loaded or overloaded can shift suddenly and end up causing a rollover or jackknife accident. In tanker trucks, loads can start sloshing back and forth and end up causing a rollover also.
- Untrained drivers: Because of the shortage of truck drivers, which has been going on for a long time, companies may be tempted to hire truckers who have little training in handling a big vehicle. This can lead to a serious traffic accident such as a blind-spot collision, jackknife or rollover.
Carmichael Truck Accident Lawyer
I am Ed Smith, and I am a Carmichael truck accident lawyer. When a big truck is involved in a traffic accident, serious injuries often occur. When a negligent trucker was the cause of your serious injuries, you may be able to recover compensation. We can help by offering you free and friendly advice when you phone us at (916) 921-6400 or at (800) 404-5400. We also offer an online contact form.
Belonging to the following associations is an honor for us:
Many people have been helped by our injury lawyers over the years, and you can see reviews and some of the cases we’ve handled below:
:cd llo