Two Vehicles Leave Roadway in Mountain House Parkway Off-Ramp Accident
A major injury accident occurred in Tracy on December 13 when two vehicles went off an exit ramp. The accident happened on the Mountain House Parkway off-ramp from westbound I-205 at around 4:51 a.m. The accident report by the California Highway Patrol (CHP) stated that the collision involved a FedEx semi and a van.
Big Rig Driver Reportedly Ran Red Light, Leading to Injury Accident
The big rig, a three-axle pulling an empty trailer, allegedly ran a red light, which led to the collision. At least one of the vehicles ended up 35 to 100 feet down an embankment. The driver of the FedEx semi suffered major injuries in the crash.
Investigation Underway in Injury Accident
No information was provided on injuries to the van driver. An investigation is being conducted by the CHP to assign fault and how the collision occurred.
Accidents Involving Delivery Trucks
Although accidents involving delivery trucks are dangerous to those in smaller vehicles, it is especially so during the period leading up to Christmas. Drivers deliver a staggering number of packages, so it is no surprise they end up overworked and tired. Some of the most common types of behavior that can lead to an injury accident include the following:
- There is a possibility that a FedEx driver violated the rules of the road, such as by speeding, running a red light or other infractions.
- There is a possibility of a FedEx truck overturning and spilling its contents onto the road.
- Company pressure to deliver a high number of packages daily can lead to an accident.
- Drugs such as alcohol or amphetamines may be in the truck driver’s system.
- In some cases, it is possible that the cargo was poorly loaded, causing an imbalance that led to a rollover.
- An accident involving a delivery truck may have been due to poor maintenance, such as worn tires or brakes.
- Sleep deprivation or driving more hours than allowed may cause a driver to be overly tired or fall asleep.
- It is possible that the truck’s markings were not visible at night, leading to an injury accident.
- Passing dangerously or failing to yield might be the result of a driver’s negligence.
The Need for a Truck Injury Lawyer in FedEx Accidents
After a truck accident, it is important to retain a lawyer with experience in these types of injury cases. The majority of people are unaware of the impact a personal injury attorney can have on their case. As a result, they believe that their insurance company will handle the commercial truck accident case for them or that they can deal with it on their own.
Sadly, failing to hire a FedEx truck accident lawyer could result in them losing much of the personal injury compensation they may otherwise have recovered. When you hire an injury lawyer to handle your case, keep in mind you owe them nothing unless the claim is settled successfully.
Tracy Truck Accident Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Tracy truck accident lawyer. Providing free and friendly advice, the team of injury lawyers at AutoAccident.com is determined, driven and has the legal acumen to handle your injury claim. Our injury lawyers are available to assist you at (209) 227-1931 or (800) 404-5400. We are also available online.
You can learn how our injury lawyers have helped others by looking at the following links:
We are honored to belong to the associations that follow, which shows how hard we work for our clients:
:cd llo