Tracy Accident Statistics
Tracy Accident Statistics
I’m Ed Smith, a Tracy auto accident attorney. The city of Tracy in California is a community where loving residents greet you by name and are always welcoming to visitors. This community has a small-town vibe where not a lot of things are going on which also includes accidents.
Did You Know?
- The City of Tracy is the second most populated city in San Joaquin County.
- The total population of Tracy is 82,922 which trails behind Stockton with 291,707.
- Tracy is considered to be a part of the San-Jose-San Francisco-Oakland Combined Statistical Area (CSA). The CSA for this area was ranked as the second most populous metropolitan area in California and the fifth in the United States.
Tracy Accident Statistics 2013-2015
From 2013 to 2015, there have been 690 collisions. The data report concludes that there were 60 bicycle accidents, 32 motorcycle accidents, 27 truck accidents, and 44 pedestrian accidents. Approximately 105 of these accidents took place along state highways and 585 of these accidents did not. Drunk driving accidents was involved with 63 of the incidents. Consequently, these accidents caused injuries to 967 victims aside from 6 fatalities.
Tracy Accident Statistics with Type of Collision
The following accident statistics for the City of Tracy indicate the number of collisions along with the type of collision:
- Head-On: 49 – 7.1%
- Sideswipe: 51 – 7.4%
- Rear-End: 243 – 35.2%
- Broadside: 217 – 31.4%
- Hit Object: 65 – 9.4%
- Overturned: 14 – 2%
- Vehicle vs Pedestrian: 37 – 5.4%
- Other: 10 – 1.4%
- Not Stated: 4 – 0.6%
The following data percentages specify the number of collisions by collision severity:
- Fatal: 6 – 0.9%
- Injury (Complaint of Pain): 480 – 69.6%
- Injury (Other Visible): 173 – 25.1%
- Injury (Severe): 31 – 4.5%
Tracy Accident Statistics Including the Primary Collision Factor (PCF)
The following data reveals the Primary Collision Factor (PCF) for the causes of accidents in Tracy:
- Automobile Right-of-Way: 97 – 14.1%
- Driving/Bicycling Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drug: 44 – 6.4%
- Following Too Closely: 33 – 4.8%
- Improper Turning: 84 – 12.2%
- Improper Passing: 16 – 2.3%
- Not Stated: 32 – 4.6%
- Other Hazardous Violation: 8 – 1.2%
- Other Improper Driving: 2 – 0.3%
- Other Than Driver/Pedestrian: 9 – 1.3%
- Pedestrian Right-of-Way: 9 – 1.3%
- Pedestrian Violation: 17 – 2.5%
- Traffic Signals and Signs: 76 – 11%
- Unknown: 26 – 3.8%
- Unsafe Lane Change: 16 – 2.3%
- Unsafe Speed: 188 – 27.2%
- Unsafe Starting or Backing: 14 – 2%
- Wrong Side of Road: 32 – 4.6%
What is the Most Dangerous Intersection in Tracy?
In November 2016, a Southern California law firm conducted a study to report the most dangerous intersections in the State of California. The study included data from the Statewide Integrated Traffic Records System (SWITRS) for the year of 2015. The City of Tracy was ranked #267 out of 444 in the study. The popular intersection in Tracy, Grant Line Road and Tracy Boulevard, had 18 crashes with 18 injuries and 0 deaths.
We hope you have found the article Tracy Accident Statistics helpful.
Related Articles by Ed Smith:
Tracy Personal Injury Auto Accident Attorneys
I’m Ed Smith, a Tracy auto accident attorney. My primary office is in Sacramento but we handle cases throughout the valley. You may be asking yourself why should I go to a Sacramento lawyer? If you do an internet search you will find no highly rated attorneys in the Tracy area who practice personal injury law exclusively. We found lawyers practicing personal injury along with family law, bankruptcy, criminal and immigration law. It is best to work with an attorney who handles personal injury cases exclusively. There is an old saying, jack-of-all-trades and master of none. Additionally, we didn’t see any personal injury lawyers with a website listing their past verdicts and settlements page. Is there a reason for this? We list our past verdicts and settlements on our website so you can see the results our injury lawyers have obtained on behalf of our clients. Bottom line, we like to make it easy for you to choose the right personal injury lawyer. Finally, we will Uber you here and back at no cost to you even if we do not take your case. If you or a family member has been seriously injured in a car accident in Tracy or surrounding area, please call me at (209) 227-1931 or toll-free at (800) 404-5400 for free and friendly advice.
I am a proud member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
Read through our successful list of Verdicts and Settlements.
I am the founder of the most extensive automobile accident and personal injury website in Northern California, AutoAccident.com.
Image Attribution: By TeWeBs (Own work) via Wikimedia Commons