Three Injured After Crash in Tuolumne County
Three parties were injured after an auto crash in southwest Tuolumne County on the night of Tuesday, July 28, 2020. The car accident occurred around 7:45 p.m. at the junction of Highway 108 and Tulloch Road, according to the California Highway Patrol (CHP). An 18-year-old Atwater woman was behind the wheel of a 2017 Audi A4 and reportedly pulled onto State Route 108 from the stop at the junction. The Audi entered the westbound lanes of SR-108 and was in the direct path of an oncoming 2010 Subaru Forester driven by a 66-year-old Saratoga man. The Subaru allegedly collided with the driver’s side of the Audi, the CHP said. The impact propelled the Subaru, caused it to overturn, and come to rest on the westbound lanes of the roadway. The driver of the Subaru and his 68-year-old passenger, a woman also from Saratoga, were both transported to the hospital for treatment of moderate to serious injuries. The Audi driver suffered minor injuries in the collision, and she received treatment at the scene. Updates regarding the injury incident were not immediately available.
What Are the Most Common Types of Intersection Accidents?
An intersection can assist by controlling the flow of traffic from different directions. However, it can also be dangerous to drivers, passengers, cyclists, and pedestrians. Common types of intersection accidents include:
- Broadside Collisions: One of the most common types of motor vehicle collisions at intersections is that of a T-bone accident. This type of crash often occurs when a car is turning left at an intersection, and another vehicle is approaching from the other direction and is proceeding through the intersection. When the cars crash into one another, a T-like shape is formed upon impact. Broadside collisions can be catastrophic due to the speed of the vehicles involved and the lack of protection along the sides of the car that is broadsided. At high speeds, they often result in permanent injury or wrongful death to those involved.
- Rear-End Accidents: At intersections, rear-end collisions are often common. This type of vehicular crash occurs when a car traveling behind another vehicle fails to stop in time for slowed or stopped traffic. The driver of the car that rear-ended the other vehicle is typically at fault for these accidents for reasons like texting while driving and driving under the influence (DUI).
- Side-Swipe Crashes: A side-swipe accident can occur when a driver fails to check their blind spots before entering an opposing lane or making a wide or narrow turn.
When a person is injured after an accident at an intersection, they will need an experienced Jamestown personal injury attorney on their side to help prove negligence, build their case, and advocate for the full and fair financial compensation to which they may be entitled. If you are unsure of what to look for in an injury lawyer, watch the video below.
How Do You Prove Fault for a Car Accident?
Liability for an auto accident at an intersection is not always clear. There are many considerations when determining who was at fault for the injury incident. An experienced Jamestown car accident lawyer can conduct an independent investigation of the vehicular collision to discover how it occurred, who was at fault, and who is financially responsible for losses incurred. An investigation will generally include:
- Review of physical evidence at the accident scene, including the angle of impact, damage to cars, skid marks on the road, and more
- Speaking to all eyewitnesses
- Request video surveillance of the motor vehicle collision, including video evidence caught by traffic cameras at intersections
- Review of a traffic collision report by local police or the CHP
- Hire an accident reconstruction expert who can reconstruct the crash and help to build a personal injury case
- File a personal injury claim against the other driver’s insurance company or that of the injured individual through uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, depending on whether the at-fault party has enough insurance to cover resulting damages
Should I Call a Lawyer After Being Injured in a Tuolumne County Crash?
An experienced Jamestown auto accident attorney can work diligently to reach a personal injury settlement that is full and fair. If a settlement cannot be reached with the insurance company, then the case can be taken to litigation. At AutoAccident.com, our injury attorneys have decades of experience handling cases inside and outside the courtroom. We know what it takes to recover the compensation you need and deserve.
Personal Injury Lawyer in Jamestown
I’m Ed Smith, a Jamestown personal injury lawyer. If you have been injured after a car accident at an intersection or a junction, you need an experienced injury attorney to obtain the justice and financial compensation you deserve. Call our law firm at (209) 227-1931 or (800) 404-5400 to learn more on how we can help you get your life back on track after a catastrophic crash.
See our client reviews and list of case results at the links below:
Image Credit: https://pixabay.com/photos/emergency-emergency-services-1137137/
:ds llo [cs 889]