Stockton Accident Kills Pedestrian
Stockton Accident Kills Pedestrian. A man was left with fatal injuries after he was struck by a vehicle that left the scene in Stockton on September 3, 2018. The man was attempting to cross North Wilson Way in the vicinity of East Park Street when he was hit by an oncoming white sedan, whose driver fled the scene following the collision. Emergency personnel responding to the scene found the man suffering from serious injuries and transported him to a local hospital for treatment. Unfortunately, the man succumbed to his injuries during hospitalization. Officials have identified the victim as 37-year-old Andre Prentis Jones of Stockton.
I would like to take a brief moment to send my heartfelt thoughts and prayers to those mourning the loss of their loved one during this difficult time.
Since pedestrians have no form of physical protection against a motor vehicle, they are often left with serious injuries or even death in an accident. The severity of injuries suffered in a pedestrian accident varies upon the speed traveled by the vehicle involved. Following are some of the injuries commonly seen in these accidents:
- Broken Bones: Pedestrians are likely to suffer bone fractures when involved in a collision with a motor vehicle due to their vulnerability.
- Head and Brain Injuries: These injuries may range from concussions to traumatic brain injuries, skull fractures, and brain swelling. In severe head injuries, an individual may experience permanent changes in cognitive abilities and other functions.
- Internal Injuries: These may lead to rapid internal blood loss and in more severe cases, death.
- Lower Extremity Injuries: The lower extremities are a common site of trauma among adults in pedestrian accidents. These types of injuries may range from lacerations to bruises and bone fractures.
- Spinal Cord Damage: There are two types of this injury, complete and incomplete. In a complete spinal injury, there is no voluntary movement and sensation below the point of injury. In an incomplete spinal injury, there may be some movement below the area where the trauma occurred.
- Upper Extremity Injuries: These often occur due to the collision with a vehicle or when falling to the ground. Abrasions, cuts, scrapes and broken bones are common types of these injuries.
Recourse in Hit and Run Accidents
Hit and run accidents involving pedestrians are often difficult cases to handle, especially if the suspect is never found. In such circumstances, an injured pedestrian may have recourse through their own automobile insurance policy if they have uninsured/under-insured motorist protection. This type of protection may cover damages caused by a collision with an uninsured/under-insured motorist or hit and run accident. Contact an experienced attorney for more details.
Wrongful Death Claims
If a pedestrian accident has claimed the life of your loved one, you may be able to file a claim against the at-fault parties to recover financial compensation for your loss. Watch the video below to learn more about wrongful death claims. If you have questions about your case, contact an experienced wrongful death lawyer in Stockton for assistance.
Similar Articles by Ed Smith:
Stockton Wrongful Death Attorney
I’m Ed Smith, a Stockton wrongful death attorney. The loss of a person you love is devastating. When facing the expenses related to the loss of a family member, an experienced attorney can assist in recovering damages. Please feel free to contact me at (209) 227-1931 or toll-free at (800) 404-5400 to receive compassionate advice that is both friendly and free.
Reviews by my past clients may be found at the following links:
I am listed as a California member of a forum called the Million Dollar Advocates. This forum limits membership to trial attorneys who have achieved settlements and/or verdicts worth in excess of $1 million for past clients.
Browse my Verdicts and Settlements page to see how I handled cases in the past.
Stockton Accident Kills Pedestrian: AutoAccident.com
Image Source: By “StockSnap” via Pixabay / Stockton Accident Kills Pedestrian
:ds [cs 688] cv