Pedestrian Rushed to Hospital With Serious Injuries
A pedestrian injury accident happened in South Sacramento on July 22 when an individual on foot was hit by a car. The police report said that the accident occurred around 4:00 in the morning on Mack Road near Archaen Way. Emergency responders with the Sacramento Fire Department rushed the pedestrian to a hospital with what were described as serious injuries. The area of Mack Road between Brookfield Drive and Franklin Boulevard was shut down while an investigation into the cause of the collision was conducted.
Pedestrians Accidents With Motor Vehicles Often Cause Serious Injuries
Because pedestrians offer a smaller profile, are more vulnerable, and aren’t as visible as others sharing the roadway, serious injuries can occur in an accident. In a crash caused by a negligent driver in a motor vehicle, some of the injuries they can suffer include:
- Fractures, crushed bones, and tears in ligaments
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Facial fractures as well as damage to the teeth and eyes
- Spinal cord damage, which can result in paralysis
- Abdominal injuries such as Internal bleeding or organ damage
- Chest trauma such as broken ribs or a collapsed lung
- Emotional and psychological trauma such as PTSD
- Wrongful death
Causes of Pedestrian Traffic Accidents
Negligence on the part of a driver or other entity can cause a serious pedestrian injury accident. Some of the more common reasons for these collisions include:
- A red-light runner is a common cause of a pedestrian injury accident.
- Coming to a rolling stop at an intersection can lead to a collision with someone on foot.
- Poor timing at an intersection traffic light or crossing can lead to a pedestrian injury accident.
- Rear-end accidents at an intersection caused by a distracted driver can lead to a pedestrian injury accident when the stopped vehicle is pushed forward.
- Speeding can cause a pedestrian accident when a driver is unable to stop in time to avoid a collision.
- Dooring accidents occur when a pedestrian is walking and the driver or passenger doesn’t look before opening the car door.
- Fatigued driving can lead to a pedestrian injury accident because the driver has trouble concentrating on the road ahead.
- Untrimmed shrubbery and overhanging limbs at an intersection can lead to a pedestrian accident because the driver doesn’t have a clear view. The government entity charged with maintaining the intersection in good condition can be liable for an injury accident.
- Drunk or drugged driving causes many pedestrian injury accidents every year because the driver is unable to safely handle an automobile.
- Accidents backing up happen when a driver doesn’t notice a pedestrian passing on the sidewalk of a driveway, or the motorist is backing out of a parking space.
Getting Advice on Filing a Compensation Claim
When a pedestrian suffers an injury due to a negligent driver or other entity, an injury attorney can help them get fair compensation. The compensation can cover all of their medical expenses, their lost wages and reimburse them for their pain and suffering. In the event their injury is long-lasting or expected to result in disability, that is factored into the settlement also. We’re proud to have helped many injured pedestrians over the years and offer a free first consultation. In it, you can find out whether you can file a claim, what options are available, and have your questions answered.
In the following video, Sacramento Personal Injury Lawyer Ed Smith explains how to choose a personal injury lawyer:
Sacramento Personal Injury Lawyer
I am Ed Smith, and I’m a Sacramento personal injury lawyer. You are welcome to call us for free and friendly advice at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400 if you were injured by the negligent actions of another person or entity. An online form is available also if you prefer to message us.
We’re honored to belong to:
Our law office has helped many Northern Californians since 1982 to obtain the compensation they deserve, whether they were injured in a traffic accident, suffered a wrongful death in the family, or for other reasons.
More information about our law firm can be found below:
Photo attribution: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLQ8I1W1gR8&list=PL6AKK9WWmmYsrhnuRhexPqB4XrLP9Z2s1; https://pixabay.com/photos/pedestrians-people-busy-movement-400811/
:cd llo