Serious Car Accidents: Nevada City
Surviving a serious Nevada City car accident can be the cause of major physical injuries as well as both emotional and psychological trauma. When people are faced with these serious injuries, there is often very little time for them to negotiate with insurers and/or negligent parties about the crash. Having an attorney to represent you means that you know everything possible is being done to make sure you receive the money you deserve. Having someone to take your case can afford you the time and confidence to focus on healing. Let’s take a look at the different ways that serious accidents can happen, the sorts of injuries they are liable to cause, and in what ways a lawyer can help.
Types of Nevada City Car Accidents
Even smaller accidents, such as fender-benders or low-speed parking lot crashes, can cause a serious injury. In these minor accidents, people commonly suffer cervical strains and other types of sprains. More serious varieties of Nevada City car accidents include T-bone or broadside crashes, front-end collisions, rollovers, and more. Both front-end and broadside accidents commonly happen in intersection locations. Front-end crashes are also likely to happen on a straightaway when there is a driver on the wrong side of the road. Front-end collisions are often the most deadly type of crash.
Multiple-vehicle crashes often result in serious trauma because a single car may be hit multiple times from different directions. It’s also likely that a multiple-vehicle crash will involve a vehicle overturning. Rollovers are even more likely to happen when top-heavy vehicles like vans, SUVs, and trucks are involved in the crash. This is because these vehicles have a high center of gravity and can easily tip over. Rollovers are especially dangerous when the roof of a vehicle is weak enough to be crushed during the crash.
Common Nevada City Car Accident Injuries
There are a few common types of injury that can happen as the result of a serious vehicle accident. These injuries include:
- Head and Brain Injuries: Traumatic brain injuries such as concussions and other types of trauma can happen in any serious accident. More extreme brain injuries can mean a long period of time recovering in the hospital, and many individuals suffer permanent symptoms that require major changes to their life as well as 24-hour care.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Damage to the spinal cord or back can mean chronic pain and limited mobility. A spinal cord injury can even cause temporary or permanent paralysis of a certain part or all of the body.
- Bone Fractures: These injuries are often less severe, but can also be complex fractures that require surgery. Fractures affecting the pelvis or hip often mean chronic pain in addition to mobility issues. Even a broken arm can mean having to give up a hobby or no longer being able to perform a job.
- Abdominal Injuries: Internal damage to any of the abdominal organs such as the stomach, liver, spleen, or bowels can be life-threatening and often requires immediate surgery. Recovering from abdominal injuries can take a long time.
- Chest Trauma: Injuries that affect the chest can cause damage to the ribs, lungs, and/or heart. Many serious chest injuries cost crash victims their lives.
How an Experienced Nevada City Car Accident Lawyer Can Help You
Making sure that you build a strong case for your financial compensation after an accident is a very important part of recovering for your damages. A lawyer with ample experience can do this by investigating your case, collecting relevant evidence, conducting witness interviews, researching any video evidence, utilizing crash reconstruction techniques, and more. Your lawyer will also be able to comprehensively assess the losses that you’ve suffered so that you know exactly what you deserve to be paid.
Often, finances stand in the way of recovery. However, a good car accident lawyer can help you get the money you need to pay for medical procedures, medicines, and therapy treatments. Knowing that your case is in the hands of professionals can help you to focus on your process of recovery.
More by Ed Smith, Nevada City Personal Injury Lawyer
- Nevada City Crash Stats
- Can a Nevada City Personal Injury Lawyer Help Me?
- Major Injury Car Accident in Nevada City
Nevada City Personal Injury Lawyers
I’m Ed Smith, a Nevada City personal injury lawyer. If you were seriously injured in a car accident, call me for free, friendly advice by dialing either (530) 392-9400 or my toll-free line, (800) 404-5400.
My valued clientele has written reviews here:
I’m proud to be a member of the only US forum for trial lawyers with a past case resolution worth at least one million USD, the Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
My website is the top resource in Northern CA for car collision and personal injury news and info – AutoAccident.com.
Serious Car Accidents: Nevada City: Ed Smith
Photo: ab/Serious Car Accidents: Nevada City
:ms cha [cs 868] cv