Vehicle Crashes With Semi at Estrella Place Intersection
A semi collision with a Honda Civic was reported west of Davis on February 22. The accident happened at the intersection of Estrella Place at County Road 31 around 12:57 p.m. The accident report by the California Highway Patrol (CHP) said that the semi was overturned in a ditch.
Both Vehicles Towed From the Scene After Semi Collision
Both sides of the roadway were affected by the crash, and traffic was passing in the center. A tow truck was called for both vehicles. The Honda Civic had major damage to its right side and the rear end was missing. The semi’s tractor ended up on its side and that vehicle, along with the two dirt haulers that were attached, had to be towed from the scene.
Fault Determination in a Big Rig Collision
It is common for large commercial vehicles to be involved in accidents that result in traumatic injuries. Due to the state and federal regulations that must be met by large commercial vehicles, gathering evidence for an injury claim becomes more challenging. Further, the driver may work for a trucking company or be an independent operator. A semi collision accident attorney can help you if you’ve been hurt.
Big Truck Collision Types
The size and weight of big rigs, as compared to that of passenger vehicles, make them handle differently, need a greater stopping distance and require more maneuvering. In a semi-truck collision, a smaller vehicle may be affected by the following reasons for a semi crash:
- Inexperience: It is a lot harder to operate a big rig than it is to operate a passenger vehicle. Due to driver shortages, some companies hire inexperienced truckers, which can lead to a semi crash.
- Jackknifing: During jackknifing, a truck’s cab moves more slowly than its trailer. Other vehicles can be damaged by the trailer swinging out to the side.
- Blind spots: The blind spots on big rigs can lead to a semi collision with another vehicle.
- State and federal regulations: There are laws that dictate the hours of service that a big rig driver can drive and rest breaks that must be taken. In order to determine whether those hours were violated, the logging device records them.
- Cargo loading: Overloading or carelessly loading cargo into a trailer can lead to a rollover crash, affecting other cars as well.
- Override/underride accidents: This type of semi accident can happen when a truck stops suddenly or is speeding and goes over the top of another vehicle.
Recovering Compensation Following a Semi Collision
During our years of serving Northern California, we have successfully won compensation for many clients injured in a semi accident. We carefully gather evidence to determine liability and work hard to get our clients the compensation they deserve.
Davis Truck Accident Lawyer
I am Ed Smith, and I’m a Davis truck accident lawyer. Your medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering can be recovered from the at-fault party after a collision. Our knowledgeable representatives are waiting to assist you at (530) 392-9400 or (800) 404-5400. By calling, you can arrange to get free and friendly advice from one of our accident attorneys virtually or in person. By doing so, you can have your case reviewed and discover what opportunities there are for you to recover compensation. You can also reach us through an online form.
You can learn more about how our injury lawyers have served others by clicking on the following links:
The following groups are among the most prestigious to which we belong:
:cd llo