Del Paso Boulevard Accident Caused by Wrong-Way Driver
A wrong-way driver in Sacramento ended up crashing into a crime scene investigation vehicle and striking a pedestrian. The accident occurred on December 7 on Del Paso Boulevard between Evergreen Street and Olivera Way at about 2:30 p.m. The Sacramento Police Department reported that the CSI vehicle wasn’t occupied at the time of the collision.
Two People Injured in Wrong-Way Driver Crash, Including a Pedestrian
The driver of the wrong-way vehicle, as well as a pedestrian were transported to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. An investigation is ongoing to determine how the collision occurred.
How an Injury Attorney Can Help
It must be proven that the other person/persons involved were negligent to place a claim to recover compensation following an injury accident. It is an injury lawyer’s job to collect the evidence needed to point toward that negligence. In that way, their client can place a claim and recover the damages they deserve. Among other areas, our investigators:
- Examine the police report for mistakes
- Perform accident reconstruction, which shows the positioning of the vehicles, how the collision occurred and points toward which driver was at fault
- Interview all witnesses to the accident, one of which may have captured the collision on their cell phone as it happened
- Check area traffic surveillance cameras to see if the accident was caught on film
Causes of a Driver Traveling in the Wrong Direction
An accident involving a wrong-way driver can have dire consequences, and understanding the causes of this behavior is essential for preventing future incidents. Common causes of wrong-way driving include intoxication from alcohol or drugs, distracting activities such as using a cell phone while driving, fatigue, confusion due to unfamiliar roads and medical conditions that impair cognitive function.
Recovering Compensation After Being Injured
If a wrong-way driver injured you, you may be entitled to compensation such as the following:
- Medical costs associated with your accident such as hospitalization, surgeries, doctors’ bills and rehabilitation.
- Wages lost from being unable to work are recoverable, including pension and insurance benefits and others.
- Pain and suffering compensation includes the physical aspects and any emotional and psychological trauma suffered by the wrong-way motorist accident. In many cases, those who have been injured are diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder, which requires professional treatment. The cost of that treatment is also recoverable.
To find out what legal options are available in your situation, it is best to contact an experienced personal injury lawyer who specializes in car accident cases. An attorney can help you determine who is at fault for the accident and ensure your right to compensation is protected.
Depending on the circumstances, you may be able to claim damages from both the driver and any other parties who might be responsible such as a bar or restaurant that served alcohol to an intoxicated driver. An attorney can also help you negotiate a settlement with insurance companies and represent you in court if the case goes to trial.
Sacramento Personal Injury Lawyer
My name is Ed Smith, and I’m a Sacramento personal injury attorney. When a driver causes an accident, the injured party may wish to seek compensation for damages. Call us at (916) 921-6400 for free and friendly advice. You can also reach us online or by phone at (800) 404-5400.
It is an honor for us to be selected as members of the following:
Check out our injury lawyers’ success stories at:
Photo attribution: Image by Carlos Lincoln from Pixabay
:cd llo