Accident on Northbound I-5 Involves Two Vehicles
Minor injuries were reported in a two-vehicle crash in Sacramento on Oct 11. The collision occurred around 8:00 a.m. along Interstate 5 northbound at the Seamus Avenue off-ramp between a Dodge Ram pickup and Dodge Challenger. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) officers arrived at the scene after the pickup driver called to inform them of the collision. The number five lane was closed for a short time while at least one of the vehicles was removed by a tow truck.
Investigation Underway to Determine Fault in Interstate Two-Vehicle Crash
Medics with the Sacramento Fire Department determined that minor injuries had occurred in the two-vehicle accident. It was not reported whether any of the injured were taken to a hospital for more evaluation. The accident is being investigated by authorities to determine how it occurred.
How a Two-Vehicle Crash on the Interstate Occurs
It is typically a combination of factors that contribute to two-vehicle accidents on the interstate. However, negligence is the cause of about 95 percent of all collisions that occur on a highway such as the following:
- Speeding: When one vehicle is going faster than the other cars around it, there is a greater chance of an accident occurring. This is because the speeding vehicle may not be able to stop in time if another car cuts it off or if there is something in the road. The driver of the speeding vehicle may also have difficulty steering around other cars if they need to.
- Rear-end Collisions: In cases where a vehicle slows down or stops suddenly, a driver who is tailgating may not have enough time to halt. The rear-end collision can be fatal or cause serious injuries as a result.
- Road conditions: If road obstacles are in the way or poor maintenance is the problem, this can cause a two-vehicle crash. For example, if there is a pothole in the road, the driver may swerve to avoid it and hit another vehicle. Or, if the road is greasy, the driver may slide into oncoming traffic or off the road altogether. A claim against a government entity has to be filed within six months, so having the help of an accident attorney can be advised to meet deadlines.
- Weather: Rain or snow may make the road more slippery. The driver may lose control of the vehicle as a result. It is also possible to lose visibility, which can make spotting other cars or obstacles on the road more difficult.
- Distracted driving: A distracted driver may not notice another vehicle in their lane or an obstacle in the road if they are not paying attention. A collision can result from this. Talking on the phone, eating or looking away from the road can all be considered distractions while driving.
- Drunk driving: If the driver is intoxicated, their reaction time will be slowed, and they may have difficulty steering. This increases the likelihood of an accident occurring. Additionally, drunk drivers often drive recklessly, which can also lead to a two-vehicle crash on the interstate.
Car Accident Attorney in Sacramento
I’m Ed Smith, and I’m a car accident lawyer in Sacramento. There are times when a minor injury turns into major trauma, and that’s when you need the help of an injury lawyer to recover compensation to pay for your medical and other losses. Call us at (916) 921-6400 for free and friendly advice about your case. You can also reach us at (800) 404-5400 or by contacting us online.
It gives us great pleasure to be a member of the following groups:
Discover how our clients have been helped by our injury lawyers to get the compensation they deserve after being injured in an accident below:
:cd llo