Two-Vehicle Crash With Rollover on Sampson Boulevard
A recent two-vehicle crash in Sacramento resulted in at least one person being hospitalized following a rollover. The accident happened at the intersection of Sampson Boulevard and 47th Avenue around 8:15 a.m. When California Highway Patrol (CHP) officers arrived, they discovered that one of the vehicles had overturned onto its roof.
One Injured Party Transported to Hospital With Injuries
Sacramento firefighters were called to the two-vehicle crash and rollover scene to remove those inside the vehicle. A telephone pole was knocked down by the crash, and a crew was summoned for repairs, although it was not blocking the roadway. One party was exported to a hospital with undescribed injuries. The collision is being investigated to determine which driver was at fault for the crash and how it happened.
Injuries That Can Occur in a Two-Vehicle Crash
Rollover crashes are particularly dangerous and can cause serious injuries, especially if the seat belt or airbag is defective or a roof crush is involved. Retaining the vehicle is important in a rollover so that the vehicle can be examined for defects. If they are found and contributed to the accident injuries, a product liability claim may be placed against the manufacturer and others and the at-fault driver. Common injuries caused by rollover crashes include the following:
- Traumatic brain injury is a severe head trauma that occurs from a sudden jolt or blow. In a rollover crash, the brain can be injured due to forceful contact with the inside of the vehicle or when objects inside the car strike occupants’ heads.
- Spinal cord injury is another potentially life-altering injury that can occur in a rollover crash. Spinal cord injuries often cause paralysis and may result from extreme pressure or fracture.
- Broken bones can occur when occupants are thrown around inside a vehicle during a rollover crash. Broken or fractured ribs, arms and legs are common in these types of crashes.
- Internal organ damage is also possible in a rollover crash due to blunt force trauma when the body impacts against interior surfaces of the vehicle.
- Cervical strain or sprain (whiplash) is a common injury that occurs when the head and neck suddenly jerk forward after an impact, such as in a rollover crash. This can cause muscle strains, headaches, dizziness, memory loss and decreased range of motion in the neck.
- Lacerations are another possible injury caused by broken glass and metal debris during a crash. These types of injuries may be superficial or deep, depending upon the severity and location of the cut.
- Burns can also occur when occupants are exposed to flames, sparks, hot metals or chemicals inside a vehicle as a result of a rollover crash. Burns can cause permanent scarring and other long-term medical issues.
In short, rollover crashes can cause a wide range of serious injuries that may require ongoing medical care and treatment. If a negligent driver caused the accident, an accident attorney would collect the evidence needed to uphold your personal injury claim. By doing so, the injured party can recover all of their medical expenses, any wages they lost from being unable to work and compensation for their pain and suffering.
Auto Accident Lawyer in Sacramento
I’m Ed Smith. I’m an auto accident lawyer in Sacramento. Accident injuries often result in serious trauma, hospitalization, and high medical bills, as well as lost wages. Our free and friendly compensation claim advice can be obtained by calling (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. A contact form is also available online.
Visit the links below to learn how our team of injury lawyers has helped others:
These are some of the groups that we are particularly proud to be a member of:
Photo attribution: Image by Netto Figueiredo from Pixabay
:cd llo