Interstate 5 Collision at I-Street Causes an Injury
A highway traffic accident in Sacramento at an on-ramp caused injuries to a minor when two vehicles collided on March 28. The collision occurred along northbound I-5 at the I Street on-ramp around 11:14 a.m. The incident, which occurred between a Ford SUV and a pickup, blocked the slow lane and the on-ramp, according to the California Highway Patrol (CHP).
Minor Suffers Injury in Traffic Accident
Fire Department first responders arrived at the scene to assess injuries to a minor, which were determined to not be serious. Sacramento police blocked the bottom of the on-ramp as the lanes were cleared. Both vehicles were towed. The CHP is determining fault in the collision.
Factors That Contribute to Traffic Accidents Near Highway Ramps
Major injury crashes near highway exit ramps can occur for a variety of reasons. Negligence is almost always involved in this kind of accident. If this occurs, the injured party may be able to file a claim for compensation against the at-fault person or entity. Negligence can take many forms, including:
- There is a greater likelihood that a driver will have an accident around an exit ramp if they are unfamiliar with the area.
- It is possible to have a traffic collision near an exit ramp because it is poorly designed. The pavement on an exit ramp can also cause accidents if it is in poor condition. Lack of lighting near exit ramps can make it more difficult for drivers to see potential hazards and avoid them. Government entities may be liable for a traffic accident resulting from poor highway design or maintenance. You have only six months to file a claim against a government entity, so you may benefit from the advice of an accident attorney.
- Whether on highways or exit ramps, distracted driving causes a large number of crashes.
- Speeding or making a risky move into an adjacent lane are other risks associated with drivers who are in a hurry to exit the highway.
- The term “reckless driving” refers to negligent behaviors while handling a vehicle in a number of different aspects, such as speeding, tailgating, etc. When drivers disregard others sharing the road, injuries are often the result.
- The lack of judgment and weaving in lanes caused by drunk or drugged drivers can lead to a traffic accident.
Getting Legal Help After an Injury
A person or entity that causes an accident may be liable for your medical costs and other losses when they cause your injury. Your accident lawyer can assist you in gathering evidence that supports your claim, obtaining documentation to support your losses, calculating your pain and suffering compensation, and negotiating with the insurance company on your behalf. Unless your compensation case is won, you pay nothing to an injury lawyer.
Sacramento Car Accident Lawyer
I am Ed Smith. I am a Sacramento car accident lawyer. A driver’s negligence may lead to you being compensated if you suffer an injury because of it. You can reach us at (916) 921-6400 for free and friendly advice about your claim eligibility. You can also use our online contact form or call us from long distance at (800) 404-5400 to get in touch with us.
Our membership in these organizations honors us by demonstrating how hard-working our accident attorneys are:
You can find out more about the different ways our injury lawyers have helped others by clicking on one of the links below:
Photo attribution: Image by Netto Figueiredo from Pixabay
:cd llo