Sacramento Rear End Collision
Sacramento Rear End Collision – Multiple vehicles became involved in a Sacramento rear-end collision in the early hours of the morning on October 14 along Interstate 80. At least one person was injured by the accident. Initially, only two vehicles were involved, following which, three or four others crashed into the first collision. Large amounts of debris and glass were strewn along the right-hand side of the freeway as a result, which necessitated a call for a sweeper in order to avoid damaging other vehicles traveling through the area.
Sacramento Rear End Collision Details
According to the California Highway Patrol (CHP), the initial Sacramento rear-end collision occurred shortly after 5:00 in the morning near the I-80 westbound weight scales when one vehicle reportedly slowed down in the slow lane, and another vehicle crashed into it. One of the people was allegedly ejected from the vehicle. Following this, additional vehicles crashed into the initial accident, blocking the lanes. One vehicle was reported as overturned, where another car crashed into it. The vehicles involved in the accident included a Jeep Cherokee, a Toyota 4Runner and a pickup truck that was pulling a trailer with a boat on it. Tow trucks were called to remove all the vehicles as well as emergency medical personnel to attend to the injured victims.
Actions That Can Cause a Sacramento Rear End Collision
There are different actions that are involved:
- Distracted driving: Distracted driving can take many forms such as talking or texting on a cell phone, conversing with passengers, changing a radio station, eating and others. Even a momentary distraction that takes a driver’s eyes from the road can cause a Sacramento rear end collision, particularly when approaching an intersection.
- Speeding: Speeding is a major cause of traffic collisions, including rear end accidents. A driver who is going above the speed limit has less time to react in an emergency, and the vehicle requires a longer stopping distance. Speeding can also cause the driver to lose control of the car if he or she slams on the brakes.
- Tire Blowout: Poor vehicle maintenance and tire defects can cause a blowout, which could lead to a Sacramento rear end collision. Overinflated and underinflated tires or wear past the point of safe use endanger the driver and others on our roadways.
- Poor maintenance of a vehicle: Worn parts or those that need to be replaced can result in a serious rear end collision. This includes the steering wheel and power steering fluid, accelerator and brakes. Normal wear and tear is expected, but lack of proper, regular maintenance becomes a danger. It is really important to have brake and tire inspections and routine maintenance performed on our vehicles.
- Drunk driving: Drivers who are under the influence of alcohol show problems with coordination, judgment, vision and other factors that make them a menace to the highway.
- Drug use: The National Institute on Drug Abuse reports that driving while affected by certain drugs can cause a collision. For example, marijuana impairs the driver’s judgment of time and distance, decreases coordination and slows the time it takes to react. In addition to illegal substances, some over-the-counter and prescription medicines also make it dangerous to drive.
- Fatigue: Fatigue while driving happens because the driver may go into a dreamlike state, start to nod off or actually fall asleep behind the wheel of a car. Drowsy driving may well be classified right along with drunk driving.
Sacramento Car Accident Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Sacramento car accident lawyer. Motor vehicle accidents often cause injuries and sometimes the loss of a loved one. If you or someone else in your family was injured in an auto accident because of a negligent driver, I can offer you free and friendly legal advice. You can reach me at (916) 921-6400, or if you are calling long-distance, you are welcome to use my toll-free line at (800) 404-5400.
I have worked as an injury lawyer for over 36 years, helping Sacramento residents and others to obtain fair compensation in many areas, including wrongful death, brain injuries and all types of motor vehicle accidents.
As a milliondollaradvocates.com member from California, I joined a forum of trial attorneys who have all won more than $1 million for a client through either a settlement or a verdict.
It’s a good idea to learn about a law firm before deciding on who will represent your case. My clients have left comments and reviews about my law practice on the following links. At the final link, you will also find a list of some prior cases that my firm has handled and how they concluded:
Photo Attribution: Depositphotos_1803787_l-2015
:cd [cs 798] cv