Four Vehicles Involved in SR 99 Afternoon Collision
An injury was reported in a Sacramento multiple-vehicle crash on State Route 99 on September 28 involving four vehicles. The accident occurred around 3:25 in the afternoon along the southbound side of the highway just north of the eastbound Florin Road off-ramp. The incident report by the California Highway Patrol (CHP) stated that one of the vehicles struck the center divider.
One Patient Transported to Hospital With Possible Head Injury
The accident involved a Mitsubishi, Chevy Cruze, and Dodge Durango pickup, plus one other unnamed car. The Sacramento Fire Department arrived at the scene to assess injuries to those involved in the multiple-vehicle crash and transported one patient to Kaiser South with a possible head injury. The fast lane and two others were blocked by the collision. The CHP is investigating to determine how the crash occurred.
Head Injuries in a Multiple-Vehicle Crash
Head injuries are a common occurrence in traffic collisions and more apt to occur when multiple vehicles are involved. This happens because the vehicle the individual is riding in can be struck multiple times, increasing the risk. Because symptoms of an injury can be delayed following a traffic accident, this is why it is a good idea to head to the emergency room or family physician to get checked out afterward. Common head injuries in a multiple-vehicle crash include:
- Head contusions: Contusions occur when the head impacts another object and causes a bruise on the brain. They often occur when the person’s head strikes the vehicle window or steering wheel. Contusions may affect balance and concentration as well as cause other symptoms such as cognitive changes.
- Concussion: Concussion symptoms may be delayed and can include headache, confusion, dizziness, ringing in the ears, problems concentrating, and more. Although most concussions resolve themselves in a few weeks or months, symptoms may linger for some time afterward.
- Penetrating injuries: An object penetrating the skull during a traffic accident can be life-threatening. Serious complications can occur, including coma, heavy blood loss, problems breathing, and more.
- Coup and contrecoup brain injuries: A coup injury is one that happens where the brain is impacted during a collision. Contrecoup occurs on the opposite side of the brain as the brain whips back and forth in the skull, striking its uneven surface. Both of these cause bruising to the brain, which can result in swelling and bleeding. Although both are non-penetrating injuries, the effects can be serious and interfere with the individual’s quality of life.
- Diffuse axonal injuries: This type of brain injury usually occurs after a high-speed crash. It happens when the connecting fibers in the brain are sheared off. This type of TBI often causes injury to different parts of the brain and results in coma and death.
Damages in a Multiple-Vehicle Crash
Those who have been injured by a negligent driver may want to find out if they can collect personal injury damages to pay for their medical costs and other losses. My law office has successfully helped many Northern Californians do just that.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Sacramento
I’m Ed Smith, and I’m a Sacramento auto accident lawyer. When you’ve been injured in an accident, you may face medical expenses, lost wages from the inability to work, and pain and suffering. If another motorist caused the accident, you might want to find out if you can claim compensation to pay for those losses. The legal team at AutoAccident.com is here to offer you our free and friendly advice when you phone us at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400 if you’re calling from somewhere else in Northern California. You can also message us online if you prefer.
We are honored to be California members of:
Information about a law firm can be helpful when you’re looking for advice through a free consultation. The following links show how we’ve helped others with their claims:
My team of injury lawyers and I have assisted many people in Northern California in obtaining fair compensation in all types of car accidents, pedestrian, motorcycle, and bicycle crashes, wrongful deaths, and other claims since 1982.
:cd llo